Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 07:24 PM

1,711 posts, read 3,584,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteRJ View Post
It's the sun. It's awfully warm standing in the sun. Right?
Exactly, that's why I can wear just a t-shirt on a bright sunny 40 degree day. Go into the shade and you'll feel the temperature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 01:19 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,528,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Most of the Front Range experiences a slight bump in daytime humidity during the monsoonal period of the summer. Unless you're coming from the desert southwest, the Springs will seem very dry to you.
I moved to Tucson almost four years ago, and I was shocked at how much humidity we have down here in the summer. It is just as bad as Biloxi is in summer. It is almost unbearable in August during the monsoons. Plus, the monsoons and the humidity bring out HUGE bugs.

The Springs is wonderfully dry all year round. Winter dryness can be handled with lots of lotion, Chap Stick, and a humidifier on the furnace to make it comfortable.

100+ degrees and 99% humidity in Tucson in August make me really appreciate how dry the Springs is.

Old 12-14-2013, 08:24 AM

1,835 posts, read 3,138,059 times
The lack of humidity here also makes the cold weather feel not so cold as say the same temperature in a humid area. Why Does Humidity Make You Feel Colder In Lower Temperatures?

Old 12-14-2013, 02:04 PM
gn3

151 posts, read 414,960 times
A couple of solutions to problems mentioned here:

Nasal dryness: obviously having a humidifier on your furnace will help. Another tip is to use saline nasal spray. It's cheap and helps prevent nosebleeds when it's really cold and hence the furnace is running a lot, decreasing the humidity.

Hard brown sugar: keep your brown sugar in a sealed jar and get one of the little clay "bear" things. You soak it in water and it slowly releases water over time, keeping the sugar from hardening.

There are some tips and tricks to deal with the dryness, but overall, the low humidity is what makes the climate so comfortable here. I've lived with humidity quite enough in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
View detailed profiles of: