Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 01:44 PM

3 posts, read 9,120 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Co Springs next month. Recently a friend moved from cali to michigan and had no cingular service. Does anyone have any problems with cell service from Cingular or other cell companies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2007, 11:33 AM

268 posts, read 1,126,435 times
I used AT&T (was Cingular) and I have no problems at all. They recently upgraded to a 3G data service which is very nice. There are a few "real" AT&T stores in town here as well for assistance. By real I mean actual AT&T owned, not just licensed to sell service.

I've never understood what all the fuss about AT&T was. I've had them Cingular for years and never had any real problems.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:24 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,900,538 times
Same here. I've had AT&T forever and have just one spot locally where I lose service. I travel all over the US and Canada with few issues. Even worked in China although it was about $2 @ minute.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:16 PM

7 posts, read 75,996 times
AT&T has worked out quite well for me. They have the 3G service here now so if you use your phone for Internet services, that will work well. There are very few places where I lose connection, mostly in areas like Peyton and farther east. But I haven't been out there in a while so I don't know if it's improved.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:23 AM

25 posts, read 96,137 times
On the subject, does anyone have any problems with Alltel service?

Old 12-08-2007, 12:20 AM

20 posts, read 93,764 times
Default Alltel

We moved here from Kansas and kept our Alltel phones/service. We've had Alltel for 4 years and have been very happy. The coverage has been great everywhere we've been and customer service has also been very good. We are now shopping for new phones and disappointed to find out Alltel can't give us a local number....we're now looking at Verizon or AT&T, but their 'deals' aren't as good as what we have now.
We drive to Utah on I-70 fairly often and like having as much coverage as possible on this drive. Has anybody with Verizon or ATT driven this route? What's coverage like?
Thanks

Old 12-08-2007, 07:42 AM

1,225 posts, read 4,900,538 times
Quote:
We drive to Utah on I-70 fairly often and like having as much coverage as possible on this drive. Has anybody with Verizon or ATT driven this route? What's coverage like?
Thanks
I've driven to Provo 3 times in the last month. Accross on I-70 to Green River, then northwest on 6. I lose service whenever I-70 goes into a canyon, but have decent service the rest of the drive. Probably shouldn't be using a phone where it goes away anyway as the road gets twisty in the tighter areas.

Old 12-08-2007, 08:05 AM

26,338 posts, read 93,407,924 times
Sort of a niche post...

I drive to/from Schriever AFB from near Monument daily using Hodgen road east from CO-83, Meridian south, and Curtis south. In the Black Forest area (basically Hodgen near Meridian and Meridian down to Falcon) there is little or no service.

However, in the past day or two it looks like something, maybe cell towers, are being built on Curtis a little south of Judge Orr and on Hodgen, not too far east of Black Forest Road.

Those would be nasty places to not have cell service if you got stuck, like in a blizzard or something.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:59 PM

745 posts, read 2,199,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmggk View Post
We moved here from Kansas and kept our Alltel phones/service. We've had Alltel for 4 years and have been very happy. The coverage has been great everywhere we've been and customer service has also been very good. We are now shopping for new phones and disappointed to find out Alltel can't give us a local number....we're now looking at Verizon or AT&T, but their 'deals' aren't as good as what we have now.
Thanks
Alltel should be able to give a number for Pueblo or Canon City if that's acceptable and something you want to ask for.

I also don't know how Sprint is in the area, but their prices are usually a little less than Verizon or ATT.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:19 AM

25 posts, read 96,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmggk View Post
I'm overall happy with the service here in Missouri as well and it's good to know that I won't have any trouble with it out there, one less burden. Our plan expires in July, so maybe I will have to shop around as well. I wonder why you cannot get a local line there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs