Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 01:40 PM

481 posts, read 1,292,715 times

Advertisements

^ I couldn't find the original article on a web search but this one picked up a little on the previous article I read a few months ago. I'll dig a little deeper when I get some time.

What you say, and the fact that you have spoken to a TJ's rep, makes more sense and is more credible than what I pulled from reading the news. Thanks for the clarification.

Dream for Trader Joe's fans realized: Colorado Springs to get store in 2015 | gazette.com

"Previously, the company said it wouldn't open a store in Colorado Springs for several years. On Monday, Mochizuki said it would be at least 2016 before one came to town. But she received new information about the company's plans Tuesday afternoon."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 02:02 PM

224 posts, read 729,559 times
Yay! I'm glad they are finally coming to Colorado Springs and sooner. I think they picked a good first location too. I bet they have been reviewing Colorado Springs locations and just wanted to make that jump on the Nevada location while it's a good time.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:12 PM

930 posts, read 1,644,595 times
I'm happy it's at University Village and not on the Powers corridor!

Old 03-19-2014, 04:14 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,349,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlekw View Post
What you say, and the fact that you have spoken to a TJ's rep, makes more sense and is more credible than what I pulled from reading the news. Thanks for the clarification.
You're welcome. I'm sure there were some "News" articles citing conservatism or whatever for TJ's non-presence in COS, as well as plenty of local chatter. But of course the chain was conspicuously absent from ALL of CO until last month, so there had to me more to it than that even if my facts aren't 100% accurate either. One more reason not to trust the Gazette. I've often wondered if some of their reporters have even heard of the internet yet.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:22 PM

665 posts, read 1,286,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera32 View Post
There is a volunteer advisory group that's working on development options for the North Nevada area south of University Village Shopping Center. A friend of mine who's a high level exec with Norwood is on that group (he was quick to point out that Norwood doesn't own any of that property and has no dog in the fight; he's participating strictly in a volunteer advisory capacity). With the new UCCS building and the event center along that corridor along with the apparent success of UV Shopping Center (I see new restaurants and retail going in all the time and the empty storefronts seem to be filling in), that whole area appears ripe for some major commercial redevelopment.
Awesome, thanks for that info. Traffic is the main reason I wouldn't like it. But it could be interesting to see what happens. Would love to see some of those sketchy motels go away.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:25 PM

50,119 posts, read 23,785,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allprolab View Post
...Would love to see some of those sketchy motels go away.
That's for sure!

Personally, I've never been impressed with TJ's. Okay for finding a few exotic things, but overall I rarely bought much there even when I drove past it multiple times per week back in Virginia.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:45 AM

1,871 posts, read 2,085,496 times
When I first moved to Arizona I fell in love with Trader's Joes but after a while the appeal wore off. I guess I got tired of them carrying products I liked and then discontinuing them. Apparently they are introducing several new products on a weekly basis and they only have so much space, I understand the basis economic principles just a little frustrating. I think it is great the Springs is getting one but I just don't know if I will venture out to it. They do carry some unique gluten free items which I enjoyed, other than that it was just another crowded store.

Old 03-20-2014, 01:38 PM

508 posts, read 660,077 times
TJ's is fine - but I'd rather have an Aldi.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:19 PM

12,259 posts, read 24,350,175 times
I went to grad school in San Diego and went to Trader Joe's once and did not understand the hype. Honestly I never went back.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:23 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,349,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
went to Trader Joe's once and did not understand the hype.
It's not like it blows you away whenever you set foot in there. But if you shop there regularly you come to appreciate (and eventually crave) some of the quality, proprietary offerings they have there. The thing I miss most is their wine… and I'm not talking about $2-3 Chuck. Hopefully the one in COS ends up having a liquor store with it that offers things like Black Mountain and some of the other producers I recall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojj View Post
TJ's is fine - but I'd rather have an Aldi.
I rarely miss much about CA, but I have seriously thought about moving back to rent a tiny little apartment right next to this place…
http://www.gandgmarket.com
because it's the best grocery store in the universe, ever… especially at the peak of Crab season! My In-Laws call someone in their meat dept. directly to find out when daily crab deliveries, and then we go over there and grab some before they even hit the tank… practically straight from the sea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs