Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2006, 03:50 AM

1 posts, read 3,574 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My wife and I are going to be relocating to the Springs area next year We are looking to the East side of the mountains for better weather than here in Minnesota. Can anyone tell me a little about Green Mountain Falls and the immediate area?? We would truly appreciate any information you would provide.

....Zorba
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2006, 10:37 AM

648 posts, read 2,939,686 times
Hey there

Green Mountain falls is a beautiful area. You have everything at your fingertips. Camping, hiking fishing, skiing the airport isn't too far off either. What are you looking for? Where will you be commuting to? Bashep

Old 08-06-2007, 12:36 PM

10 posts, read 45,521 times
Default Moving to colorado

My husband and I are looking to move to Colorado next year, maybe Colorado Springs We are 24 yrs. old and have three children. We are a multiracial family, black and white. We need something that is diverse but affordable. Rental properties. Please help!!!

Old 08-07-2007, 02:24 PM

25 posts, read 123,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
Hello,
My wife and I are going to be relocating to the Springs area next year We are looking to the East side of the mountains for better weather than here in Minnesota. Can anyone tell me a little about Green Mountain Falls and the immediate area?? We would truly appreciate any information you would provide.

....Zorba
Green Mountain Falls ahhh. GMF is a beautiful area residing off of Ute Pass, that leads to Woodland Park and the interior mountains. It basically sits in a small Valley and it's nearby Cascade and Chipeta Park (I can hardly tell one municipality from another). GMF is not a bad choice if you can afford to live/buy there, especially if you want to wake up each morning surrounded by mountains. The downside to GMF is that you are going to have to drive some ways to get to ANY stores. It is a bit remote, but not too remote. You are about 10 miles from WP and about the same from the Springs. I have a friend up there who loves it, but he is a recluse. Seriously GMF is not a bad selection as far as asthetics and nice neighborhoods go. But there are no shopping conveinances nearby. You WILL have to worry about wild animals up there. My friend has had several bear encounters, particularly them getting into his garbage. My friend's only other complaint is that since it is in a steep valley, you get less sunshine there and the snow and cold conquently stay around longer and your daylight hours are shorter.

Old 08-07-2007, 02:40 PM

25 posts, read 123,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmichael83 View Post
My husband and I are looking to move to Colorado next year, maybe Colorado Springs We are 24 yrs. old and have three children. We are a multiracial family, black and white. We need something that is diverse but affordable. Rental properties. Please help!!!
Well as far as being multiracial you have selected a good town to move to. I cannot honestly say that CS is that diverse of a town (last I checked 7% black), but it is a very tolerant city. I myself am a product of a biracial relationship and my parents after having grown up themselves in the south, found CS to be their perfect niche and decided to stay and retire here because of this fact.

CS is predominantly a white town, but because of the military it does have it's diverse pockets. The largest minority section of town is in the South and Southeast. It is the true ethnic part of Colorado Springs, primarily due to being located close to the military bases. There are large black, white, asian, and hispanic populations there. I currently live in the southeast and I'm proud to because it is the only truly diverse area of town. The south end of town often gets a bad rap as the "ghetto part of town" or "bad part of town." As the crime rate is really no higher in the South end than any other part of town, I can only gather that it has gotten this reputation due to racist/prejudiced/sheltered peoples point of view, but it really has no basis (a whole other story).

Generally speaking (Broadmoor being the exception) you will find cheaper rents in the south end also and the further north you go the more expensive it gets since this is the newer and more developed part of the city. If you want a diverse neighborhood, your looking to live in the south end. However, if you live any where else, you will be more than likely excepted, despite being in a predominently white neighborhood. Coloradans are tolerant people!

Old 06-18-2010, 06:15 AM

1 posts, read 2,332 times
We are leaving Las Vegas to Colo. I find many pages of homes for sale. At first we want to rent. On the West side of town. I love old colorado city area. Any suggestions on how I can get listings?

Old 06-18-2010, 09:24 AM

26,206 posts, read 49,007,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet home View Post
We are leaving Las Vegas to Colo. I find many pages of homes for sale. At first we want to rent. On the West side of town. I love old colorado city area. Any suggestions on how I can get listings?
Go to the local realtor assoc site, click on search, then click on FOR RENT, then select OCC from the Quick Zoom, and when a map pops up, draw a search box on the map, input any criteria, then hit search.

Another way is to go to realtor.com and enter zip code 80904, click on RENT and hit search.

There are numerous legitimate rental sites, like rent.com or rentals.com but mostly geared to apartments.

Avoid Craigslist, as there are so many scams running there, if it sounds too good to be true, it's almost always a scammer.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:32 PM
hd4

11 posts, read 34,083 times
Hi, It's a great idea to rent before you move. We rented month-month when we moved from So Cal in 2004. We were really at ease looking for a house. We rented a nice house in northern Co Spgs and ended up in Monument. Never regretted it.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:31 AM

648 posts, read 2,939,686 times
Also go to rentals.com, militarybyowner.com and craigslist. Most people list on those pages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs