Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2014, 11:30 AM

21 posts, read 28,057 times

Advertisements

Hi there. Id like some info about Villasport, YMCA, Lifetime, or possibly some other active family friendly gyms in the area. Ive been online but trying to see what the cost and services offered is like pulling teeth . The Y looks like has a $86 a month family membership to go to their gyms but classes are extra. BOOO And Villasport does not have any membership $$$ listed which makes me think they are real expensive if you have to ask. Please specify if you have a membership as opposed to my neighbors wife says this or that So I'd love to hear some rants and raves.

Last edited by elunia; 07-10-2014 at 12:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 02:44 PM

6,824 posts, read 10,518,651 times
I went to Villasport as a guest with a friend and looked into a membership for an individual and it was around $75, but for families I think it was at least twice that.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:34 AM

641 posts, read 2,276,714 times
I went to LifeTime fitness for a few months about a year ago. My individual membership was also around $75. Personally, I didn't care for it. The facility is great, the equipment was very nice, and generally, the environment was good, but it gets very crowded, especially during the summer pool season (as is expected).

It has the works...a cafe, hair salon, free towels, and all the ammenities, and it's plenty nice, but I discovered that those are things that I don't care about.

I didn't want to pay for all the "perks" that I would never use, and the massive sales staff, so I switched to a very basic gym (Ftiness 19), for $20 a month, with no amenities at all, but it's super close to my home.

BTW, depending on the area that you live, there is a Golds Gym off Briargate Parkway, and there is another newer Golds Gym just off Academy.

There's also a new Planet Fitness that opened up off the Southern part of Powers, just North of Platte.

Most gyms won't advertise their rates, because they change....they want you to come in and do the dreaded "tour and sit-down" with them.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:52 PM

454 posts, read 1,224,959 times
We have signed up two different times at Lifetime Fitness and both times we quit there, the reason why is because they treated us like we weren't customers but outsiders. It was kind weird, every time we would ask them anything at all they either didn't have the answers or even try to find them out for us. It was a shame because it was a nice looking facility.

Now Villa Sport is a totally different gym and we would still be going there if we could still justify the $100 a month for our family to go. But in the last few years or income level has changed so it is one of the things we had to cut. For year we went to Villa we never had any issues and they are super helpful. Also they went out of their way to make sure every visit was a good one.

If you want a no frills basic gym then check out Accolade Fitness.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:33 PM

21 posts, read 28,057 times
I have a membership at fitness 19 that costs me 25 bucks a year. I got one of their life memberships about 7 years ago and its great and cheap BUT I do not like the way they run the kids club and I want weekly access to a pool for me and my kids.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:48 AM

2,483 posts, read 4,372,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terytee View Post
I switched to a very basic gym (Ftiness 19), for $20 a month, with no amenities at all, but it's super close to my home.
= Smart. Save all that time and money and use it to go to a real resort for vacation. ...And probably get better workouts in the process.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:43 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,099,388 times
I recommend fitness 19. The villasport doesn't have enough parking and people overflow into the neighborhood. At some point they might start towing the cars that are left in the neighborhood.

Lifetime seems nice, but I haven't seen many customers that were happy about the service.

Planet fitness is easily the worst chain in America.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:46 AM

641 posts, read 2,276,714 times
What's the scoop on Planet Fitness off Powers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs