Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2014, 09:15 AM

573 posts, read 1,452,001 times

Advertisements

I need to find a good pet store that sells grain free dog food. Because I am on limited income, the lowest price available is always nice and so are sales. Does not have to be a certain brand but definitely grain free and nothing from China. What are your thoughts and thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 10:44 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
I'm puzzled about your request being in the Colorado Springs forum...I suggest you identify some brands that fit your criteria using online research (post about that in the Pets/Dogs forum) and then check around to see which pet stores in your area (Seattle? or have you moved here?) have what you need, and at what cost.

Your post will probably be moved as soon as a mod sees it. Don't be surprised.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:32 AM

665 posts, read 1,295,211 times
Nature's Domain, sold at Costco. Grain free and cheaper than any major brand you'll find. I've used it for years.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I'm puzzled about your request being in the Colorado Springs forum...I suggest you identify some brands that fit your criteria using online research (post about that in the Pets/Dogs forum) and then check around to see which pet stores in your area (Seattle? or have you moved here?) have what you need, and at what cost.

Your post will probably be moved as soon as a mod sees it. Don't be surprised.
Actually we are in the process of selling our house and moving to CS soon and I just will not have a lot of time to find a place that has grain free pet food. Did not know their was a dog form---thank you.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allprolab View Post
Nature's Domain, sold at Costco. Grain free and cheaper than any major brand you'll find. I've used it for years.
thank you very much for the info--I was not aware of that--helps me a lot

Old 09-22-2014, 01:27 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
OK, now THAT makes sense!

Where you shop will depend on where in town you live and work. Most people I know here rarely go out of their way to buy things routinely. Stores they choose are near work or home or on the way...

So we have in addition to all of the various grocers, Costco, Sam's Club, Walmart type places... Petsmart and Petco both have a good presence here. Both also have club membership things where you can nab some savings from time to time. Petco Rewards gives me a $5 coupon once in a while if I shop there. There are also a few natural and holistic type places but they ARE more expensive. I sometimes hit up Mike's Natural Pet Market which is in the East-central part of town.

Mike's Natural Pet - Best Pet Health Food Store in Southern Colorado! - Home

Prices are higher but they have an interesting selection.

I have also had good luck with the pet food section at Ace Hardware on Circle Dr. They seem to stock some good brands, including THE most healthy canned cat food that exists, Tiki Cat. I don't know about their dog foods but I figure if they've got that rather uncommon brand, it's worth a look if you wind up near an Ace.

Old 09-22-2014, 03:35 PM

Thanks for the info. Lots of good options.I did not know Ace had pet food. I know a lot of farm and feed stores do.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:46 AM

371 posts, read 543,443 times
Chewy.com has free shipping to door when you set up an auto ship through them. They have the best prices for dog food usually compared to most pet stores- and they offer most brands. I have competitive performance dogs and I get the food through them.

Old 09-29-2014, 04:35 PM

670 posts, read 1,052,964 times
I get my food at Wag N Wash, they have three locations around town and many different brands of healthy to choose from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
View detailed profiles of: