Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2014, 01:32 AM

23 posts, read 51,632 times

Advertisements

Hi all. My wife & I are moving from Michigan, and are interested in a house near the intersection of N El Paso & E Espanola, just down the street from the Patty Jewett golf course. We'd greatly appreciate any info or experiences of folks living in that area. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 09:07 AM

665 posts, read 1,294,647 times
Wonderful neighborhood. El Paso can be a bit busy of a street since it's one of the main north/south roads in the area. I drive and walk through this area a lot and it really is a great area. People take care of their houses/yards for the most part. There's a Safeway close by, though I despise the service there. Close enough yet far enough away from downtown. You can get to main shopping areas ten minutes to the north (University Village) or ten minutes south (Southgate). Hope that helps. Feel free to pick my brain.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:15 PM

930 posts, read 1,653,895 times
I've had good experiences at Safeway for the most part. I prefer the King Soopers on Centennial and Fillmore.

Patty Jewett is an area that is thriving. If you walk around there, you see people of all ages. It seems that younger people are buying in the older areas. I see more younger people in the Patty Jewett area than older people.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:27 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Ah, very nice neighborhood!
I see you say near El Paso...good, too much traffic if on it.

Ah, great people, great neighborhood, quiet, fun garage sales every year, haha...
I know many people there...it is a coveted, safe neighborhood...and the food at
the Golf Course is GREAT! Even better since Tony, that owns The Famous, took it over.
Breakfast is the best.

Ha and good thing you're not facing the Gold Course like friends of mine...Oh the golf balls!!
Close enough to ride your bikes to The Dog Tooth Cafe!
Congratulations, a fine choice!

Old 10-30-2014, 09:12 PM

208 posts, read 305,420 times
Nice area that is being revitalized. El Paso is one of the busier N/S roads, but it really isn't that bad.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:17 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,096,821 times
Great area, very expensive relative to the rest of the city. However, the location is safe and downtown, so if you don't mind paying for that arrangement it can be a solid choice.

Old 11-06-2014, 05:58 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
I had a rental I was seriously considering before we moved here. One day, since I work within walking distance (albeit a long walk) I decided to spend my lunch hour walking over to look at that house in person.

While the area is fantastic and I did see homes I would have been happy living in, the pictures of that rental made it, and its yard, look bigger than they were. Many of those homes are kind of small. Double check that the square footage is what you want, maybe. But oddly the house next door and one across the street were REALLY COOL and I stood there admiring them for a while. So while I was glad I had not rented that one house sight unseen, I give a general thumbs up to the area.

Old 11-09-2014, 04:19 PM

23 posts, read 51,632 times
Wow....if the neighborhood is half as welcoming & helpful as you all, I can't wait to move in! Thanks so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs