Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 01:19 PM

54 posts, read 73,992 times

Advertisements

I don't like Pueblo. It feels dreary; makes me feel sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 06:08 PM

481 posts, read 1,292,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagumol View Post
I don't like Pueblo. It feels dreary; makes me feel sad.
I like Pueblo because it's unlike anywhere else in Colorado. It's history, economics and social aspects are unique to the state and especially the Front Range.

But I get your point. I took a friend to Pueblo for his first trip a few weeks ago. While we had a good time visiting, he made a remark along the lines of "Everyone here looks so unhappy to be in Pueblo." He made a good point. It seemed like a lot of residents were resigned to be in Pueblo, not happy about it.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:31 PM

39 posts, read 75,009 times
Pueblo sucks, Colorado Springs wins hands down plus it's so much prettier.

Old 01-01-2015, 01:16 PM

236 posts, read 366,911 times
Pueblo has things about it I really like, the reservoir, the Arkansas River bike path, the downtown revitalization, and Pueblo West is a very nice area.

But the Springs is in all ways measurable a "real city", with amenities, cultural facilities, night life (some), restaurants galore, a great Asian Market, and a legitimate airport.

Physically, the location up close to the mountains is inspiring, and there are a lot more employment opportunities.

For quality of housing, there is no comparison.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:15 PM

457 posts, read 641,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlekw View Post
Also, Pueblo might have a statistically high crime rate but it's not as bad in real life as the media portrays it. Cripes, I'm tired of Colorado Springs news making a point to point out the crime in Pueblo when the same things happen here.
PROPORTIONATELY, Colorado Springs is at least twice as big as Pueblo, so keep that in mind.

They're only about 40 miles apart, so I don't see a problem commuting between them unless the state doesn't plow Interstate 25 in the wintertime....?? The traffic between the two (or on into Denver) isn't as bad as in the Bos-Wash Megalopolis or the Bay Area, so again I don't see what people are complaining about unless they think Colorado should have as little traffic as New Mexico.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:16 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,919,914 times
Colorado Springs could benefit from a slower growth curve of its population. I think the city is struggling to keep up and adjust to the realities of no longer being a small or even large town, but a small city. And as far as cities go, Colorado Springs is really not that large (metro just under 700,000; city of 445,000) nor is it the fastest growing city in the country. But city leadership does seem to struggle to keep up. I realize mayor Bach is somewhat controversial, but I can appreciate he has vision for the place.

Pueblo has not had the challenges of rapid growth, and was considerably larger than Colorado Springs as recently as the 1960 census (91,000 vs 70,000). It has been hit harder by the economy than has Colorado Springs but has made some admirable improvements nonetheless. I don't foresee a major growth explosion there like what Colorado Springs experienced in the last 50 or so years, but if they continue to make small steady improvements Pueblo will have its own appeal to a lot of people.

Both places have their flaws and their good points. I think the fact that Colorado Springs grew as fast as it did when it did makes it a victim of its own success, but given it's location it is a city with immense potential. Meanwhile Pueblo will not likely ever be the reason why people come to Colorado, but the state is better with it than without it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs