Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 12:39 PM

74 posts, read 98,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Tampa doesn't have a real downtown and the beaches aren't as close as you think.
Are you joking?? Tampa has a huge downtown and there is also St. Pete. I don't think a 30 minute ride to the beach is huge one...lol

I only gave my opinion of Colorado Springs. If it is seen better through your eyes, that is great. Next time my kid says what should we do today? I'll tell her that after we get the snow off the car, we can go play in the snowy park, or just wait for May, and I'll take her to Territory Days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 12:44 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,416,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine809 View Post
Are you joking?? Tampa has a huge downtown and there is also St. Pete. I don't think a 30 minute ride to the beach is huge one...lol

I only gave my opinion of Colorado Springs. If it is seen better through your eyes, that is great. Next time my kid says what should we do today? I'll tell her that after we get the snow off the car, we can go play in the snowy park, or just wait for May, and I'll take her to Territory Days.
Tampa may have a big downtown, but it is a dead one. Sounds like you really hate Colorado Springs!

Old 03-04-2015, 01:39 PM

481 posts, read 1,300,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
Here's a good run-down on local restaurants...

Inexpensive, quick......
English Dockside (Fried seafood)
Gunther Toody's (it's just a hamburger joint, but worth the trip)
Momma Pearl's Cajun Kitchen (Cajun)
Wade's Pancake House

Mid-range........
AI Sushi
Colorado Mountain Brewery
Colorado Mountain Brewery at the Roundhouse
Edelweiss (German)
Fratelli's (Italian)
Hacienda (Mexican)
Lemongrass Bistro (Vietnamese)
Mirch Masala (Indian)
NOSH
Paravicini's [Old Colorado City] (Italian)
Pizzeria Rustica [Old Colorado City]
Rocco's (Italian)
Sonterra Grill
Tapateria [Old Colorado City]
Tomo Sushi
Tucanos
Two South Wine Bar [Old Colorado City]
Uchenna [Old Colorado City]
Uwe's (German)
Wobbly Olive
503W

Pricier.........
Adam's Mountain Cafe [Manitou]
Brother Luck's Street Eats
Jack Quinn's (Irish)
Jake & Telly's [Old Colorado City] (Greek)
Jun (Sushi)
Marigolds
McCabe's
Mountain Shadows
Springs Orleans (Upscale Cajun)
Sunbird

Date Night........
Black Bear Inn [Green Mountain Falls]
Blue Star
Briarhurst
Carlos' Bistro
Caspian Cafe
The Famous (Steakhouse)
Joseph's Fine Dining
Mackenzie's Chop House
Margarita at Pine Creek
Mona Lisa [Manitou]
Peppertree (Steakhouse)
Rabbit Hole
Restaurante Del Lago at the Broadmoor
Shuga's
Walter's Bistro
Warehouse

Save some money before you go.......
The Penrose Room at the Broadmoor
Good list +1. The only discrepancy I want to point out is the Black Bear Restaurant, in Green Mountain Falls, under your "Date Night" list. Victor Matthews, chef/owner, closed the restaurant and is in the process of opening a distillery at the site. Otherwise, excellent suggestions.

Old 03-04-2015, 03:16 PM

553 posts, read 1,635,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine809 View Post
Next time my kid says what should we do today? I'll tell her that after we get the snow off the car, we can go play in the snowy park, or just wait for May, and I'll take her to Territory Days.
Sertich Ice Rink? Any of several roller skating centers? Sledding? Pioneers Museum? Trampoline Center? Air Force Academy Visitors Center? Bowling? Miniature golf? Library activities?

Old 03-04-2015, 03:19 PM

553 posts, read 1,635,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlekw View Post
The only discrepancy I want to point out is the Black Bear Restaurant, in Green Mountain Falls, under your "Date Night" list. Victor Matthews, chef/owner, closed the restaurant and is in the process of opening a distillery at the site. Otherwise, excellent suggestions.
Oops. To be honest, I cut and pasted this from an old thread, with a few updates. I knew Chef Matthews was doing the distillery thing at the Black Bear, but didn't realize he had closed the restaurant to do so.

Old 11-06-2015, 05:50 AM

16 posts, read 14,607 times
Purebuggy are you still liking Colorado? Currently live in Fort Lauderdale and can't wait to move to place that has a better quality of life. Traveled through Colorado when I was younger and liked the feel of the state.

Old 11-06-2015, 07:21 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,389,750 times
purebuggy only has the single post and hasn't been logged on since May. Probably won't get a response from them.

Cos isn't for everyone. Many love it here, many don't. If sunshine809 is happier in Fla, great for them. We all have different likes an dislikes.

Tom19711, how long ago was it when you traveled through? Things could have changed dramatically depending on when that was. Colorado is still an attractive place and has a lower cost of living that Ft Lauderdale, but it is changing.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:27 AM

16 posts, read 14,607 times
Well it was over 25 years ago, lol. So I am sure things have changed. But I hear the same things about Fort Lauderdale as well from the old timers. So I guess it's all relative. Every place is becoming more congested and as a result QAL suffers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs