Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 06:15 PM

730 posts, read 769,459 times

Advertisements

I have another question before our trip. I've been looking at the map that was provided and I'm having a hard time determining what HOA's are within these boundaries: interquest, east of I 25, west of powers and north of Briargate blvd. this is a bit south of where we originally thought but I just want to check out all options. I need to know HOA's in this area so I can research their pet restrictions. Thank you again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 08:58 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
HOAs are specific to housing developments. There's a big HOA in Pine Creek which is within the search area you defined. It's the Pine Creek Village Assoc and it covers a couple thousand homes.

Keep in mind that this town has both Briargate Pkwy (I-25 exit 151) and Briargate Blvd, off of Academy Blvd near I-25 exit 150.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-28-2015, 06:13 AM

6,824 posts, read 10,520,613 times
I hope you really enjoy your stay - and do take the time to get out of your focus area and see other parts of the city.

Old 08-28-2015, 07:56 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,167,339 times
It is really difficult to find out the much about the HOA restrictions ahead of time as most do not post them where they are readily available (though some do). You may run into people who live in a particular area and they may share what they know about their HOA, but aside from that, there is no easy place to go to find that information out online. I suggest when you start getting ready to look at homes, let your real estate agent know of your requirements in regards to pets, and they should be able to help you out. They can contact the listing agents of homes your are interested in to find out what restrictions there may be, so you don't waste your time looking at places that won't work for you.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:59 AM

50,816 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodlemomNM View Post
I have another question before our trip. I've been looking at the map that was provided and I'm having a hard time determining what HOA's are within these boundaries: interquest, east of I 25, west of powers and north of Briargate blvd. this is a bit south of where we originally thought but I just want to check out all options. I need to know HOA's in this area so I can research their pet restrictions. Thank you again.
Good luck. I just went through this with a planned move to Sun City West in Arizona. I was all set to put my townhouse here up for sale, had even done a lot of packing. I contacted the HOA there and was first told birds (in this case a very small parrot) were not allowed. I followed up saying I was surprised, and the new answer was "maybe". I followed up saying "maybe" was not satisfactory, that I needed a conclusive answer. The woman even admitted she was the person who would make the decision, but refused to make the decision. Move off.

Old 08-30-2015, 05:34 PM

573 posts, read 1,452,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Good luck. I just went through this with a planned move to Sun City West in Arizona. I was all set to put my townhouse here up for sale, had even done a lot of packing. I contacted the HOA there and was first told birds (in this case a very small parrot) were not allowed. I followed up saying I was surprised, and the new answer was "maybe". I followed up saying "maybe" was not satisfactory, that I needed a conclusive answer. The woman even admitted she was the person who would make the decision, but refused to make the decision. Move off.
wow that is amazing---never heard of anything like that and if I did, I would not move there

Old 08-31-2015, 11:20 AM

727 posts, read 1,366,318 times
phetaroi - sorry about your experience, but better to find out in advance...not sure what you're specifically looking for (is a retirement community a definite?), but when we were looking for a relocation/retirement destination, we also looked in Arizona. We really like a development in Tucson called Civano. It made our final list, but we decided we just didn't want the AZ heat in the summer, so we ultimately passed on it. However, we spent some time there and really checked it out, talked with real estate agents, looked at homes, etc. We really liked it. I think you'll find a completely different vibe with their HOA. They have a good website...just google Civano.

Old 08-31-2015, 11:38 AM

278 posts, read 449,825 times
There is one thing that distinguishes the Pine Creek Briargate HOA from almost all others...overnight street parking is not allowed. Personally, I like living in a neighborhood that doesn't look like parking lot.

Old 08-31-2015, 11:42 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYoSpin View Post
There is one thing that distinguishes the Pine Creek Briargate HOA from almost all others...overnight street parking is not allowed. Personally I like living in a neighborhood that doesn't look like parking lot.
Agree fully. The look of clear streets is amazing. Back east the old neighborhood looked like a used car lot, we had 3-4 vehicles at every house; we were the exception with just 2. .... used to park my old AMC Pacer on the street .... one summer night we hear a cop car .... a knock on the door .... officer asks us about a wreck in front of my house .... I told the officer some kids must be playing tricks on the police.... RIP my old Pacer...
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-14-2015, 11:31 PM

409 posts, read 704,231 times
To each their own. I *like* having people parked on the street, it's a natural traffic calmer. Cars go slower when there are other cars parked.

I live just north of the area of interest. May I ask what the pet situation is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
View detailed profiles of: