Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 06:36 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,938,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
No, at least in most markets, the cars at not all new. Seems most are modern...but in some markets, one can drive as old as a 2002 car; other markets require 2005 or newer. The more expensive Uber Black and Uber Select available in some cities may have stricter standards.

Also, I'm s cab driver. Though every Uber X market has a different base, minimum, per mile and waiting time costs, at least in Boston, I do many short rides of $4.20, $4.60, $4.80,. $5.20...and the Uber X minimum here is $5.25 including a booking fee of $1.15 -- plus, if Uber is surging, that minimum could be $6 or $8. Taxi prices never surge.

Sure, on longer rides, the savings are more than half off if Uber isn't surging. But Uber likes to advertise it's always much cheaper than cabs which I don't think is always true.

Plus, Uber drivers are often new and still may get confused even with GPS; yes, cabbies don't know everything either, but hopefully possess a bit more knowledge at least on basic routes.
I have taken many cabs and uber. Uber cars are better maintained and the drivers more professional they also speak English so that's a nice bonus. Cabs are more expensive and frankly the service is hit or miss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 06:03 AM

2,941 posts, read 5,183,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
I have taken many cabs and uber. Uber cars are better maintained and the drivers more professional they also speak English so that's a nice bonus. Cabs are more expensive and frankly the service is hit or miss.
You call the Uber drivers "more professional."

Even if they have to rely on GPS more than most cabbies?

As long as they're more pleasant and better drivers than cabbies, you'll take that any time over better city knowledge by most cab drivers??

Just curious.

I do agree Uber and Lyft are on average likely much better than a taxi driver in most cases, though by reading UberPeople.net. I don't respect all of their attitudes and antics toward their passengers. And I have heard about some dissatisfied Uber riders in Boston from taxi passengers...but I agree you'll likely have a better experience with an Uber or Lyft driver.

Old 06-09-2016, 06:42 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,938,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
You call the Uber drivers "more professional."

Even if they have to rely on GPS more than most cabbies?

As long as they're more pleasant and better drivers than cabbies, you'll take that any time over better city knowledge by most cab drivers??

Just curious.

I do agree Uber and Lyft are on average likely much better than a taxi driver in most cases, though by reading UberPeople.net. I don't respect all of their attitudes and antics toward their passengers. And I have heard about some dissatisfied Uber riders in Boston from taxi passengers...but I agree you'll likely have a better experience with an Uber or Lyft driver.
Don't get me wrong I've had good cab drivers as well it's just they cost significantly more and are less conveniant.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:00 PM

52 posts, read 47,349 times
I called my insurance company the minute I turn on my phone app to Uber my full coverage insurance is void she called it Livery!

Will My Commercial Insurance Cover Lyft and Uber?

Even though your Personal Auto Policy appears to exclude all business use (except farming and ranching), the exclusion does not apply to “private passenger autos, pickups, motorhomes and vans, or trailers used with one of these vehicles”. So, using one of these types of vehicles in your own business or in the business of your employer is not excluded, except in three very specific cases.

Your PAP excludes all coverage - liability, uninsured / underinsured motorist, medical payments and physical damage - if your vehicle is:

Used as a public or livery conveyance (the public pickup and delivery of people - like a taxi cab, limo or shuttle; or goods - like a public delivery or freight company).
Used in the business of selling, repairing, servicing, storing, or parking vehicles (like auto dealers, auto repair and lube shops, parking garages and valet services). This is meant to exclude coverage on customer’s vehicles you may drive in the course of business. It does not exclude your own vehicles that are “your covered autos”.
NOTE – this following new exclusion appears in some, but not all, PAP policies:

Old 07-30-2016, 03:16 AM

52 posts, read 47,349 times
Ok
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
View detailed profiles of: