Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2017, 11:06 AM

50,757 posts, read 24,253,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Educator1982 View Post
The only thing I have to say is the stretch on I25 between Colorado Springs and Castle rock should have been 3 lanes on both sides since the late 90's. We are way overdue, especially with the increase in population, and the road conditions we get in the winter. I can't believe it's that bad and nothing has been done to improve this. I even think between Pueblo and Colorado Springs should be 3 lanes on both sides. That's why I take US 83 to parker many times if I leave Friday evenings to see family in Denver. The drivers are also kind of insane too that travel on that stretch of 25. I don't see how those who live in Colorado Springs and travel to Denver for work can stand this day after day, especially when there isn't anything going on to start another lane. Even when they do start, it in my opinion, would take a couple of years to get the project done, along with additional delays and lane closures while they do this work. I love Colorado but don't really enjoy some of their road work decisions they make. It's 2017 and we still don't have 3 lanes on both sides. I'm puzzled honestly.
You can't a state that's cheap on taxes and expect first class services and infrastructure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2017, 07:19 PM

1,013 posts, read 976,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You can't a state that's cheap on taxes and expect first class services and infrastructure.
Very true. But how can a Democratic state be so anti tax.

Old 10-16-2017, 07:39 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,937,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDog View Post
Very true. But how can a Democratic state be so anti tax.
CO is more libertarian leaning also the anti tax measure in our state constitution was passed when the state was more conservative.

Old 10-16-2017, 07:44 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,384,150 times
CO is certainly more purple than anything else. We have counties of solid Democratic support which are offset by counties of solid Republican support. We have tended to have alternating parties as Governor over the years. We also are the birthplace of the Libertarian Party.

But one thing that has been consistent over the years, those in power and the largest active voting blocks tend to look at Colorado as centered around the I-70/I-25 interchange area and everything else is just noise against their wishes.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:50 PM

5,349 posts, read 5,122,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I just read CO spent more money on roads in the 2000s than we do now and we have significantly more people now, meaning per capita spending has gone WAY down. It shows on the roads. The state may be purple in aggregate, but on domestic expenditures, it's pretty lean compared to other states.

Old 12-02-2017, 05:10 AM

7,179 posts, read 9,304,358 times
Angry Hope you like toll lanes

It looks like this project may get started in late 2018.

CDOT: Widening of the I-25 'Gap' could begin six months early | Colorado Springs Gazette, News

Under the current proposal, two toll lanes would be added to the roughly 17-mile stretch known as the Gap, expanding the highway from two to three lanes in each direction. The additional toll lanes would be similar to the express lanes on U.S. 36 between Denver and Boulder.

But I'm not keen on a toll lane. I think Lexus Lanes stink.

I'd prefer we just increased the gasoline tax.

There will be meetings: CDOT is also gearing up for two I-25 open houses next week. The first will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Kirk Hall at the Douglas County Fairgrounds in Castle Rock. The second will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the El Paso County Office of Emergency Management at 3755 Mark Dabling Blvd. in Colorado Springs. CDOT officials will provide additional information about the status of the project and safety and engineering improvements. Attendees will have the chance to comment and ask questions, the agency said in a news release.

Old 12-02-2017, 06:42 AM

216 posts, read 189,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post

Under the current proposal, two toll lanes would be added to the roughly 17-mile stretch known as the Gap, expanding the highway from two to three lanes in each direction. The additional toll lanes would be similar to the express lanes on U.S. 36 between Denver and Boulder.

I'd prefer we just increased the gasoline tax
Is that what's used on E-470? I've never used E-470 when traveling from DIA to Castle Rock as my son warned me not to use as it's expensive and not worth it, so I just use the usual route of Pena Blvd to 70, 225 then I-25 south.

Last edited by rochester_veteran; 12-02-2017 at 07:24 AM..

Old 12-02-2017, 07:32 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,194,286 times
Quote:

CDOT: Widening of the I-25 'Gap' could begin six months early | Colorado Springs Gazette, News

I'd prefer we just increased the gasoline tax.

There will be meetings: CDOT is also gearing up for two I-25 open houses next week. The first will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Kirk Hall at the Douglas County Fairgrounds in Castle Rock. The second will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the El Paso County Office of Emergency Management at 3755 Mark Dabling Blvd. in Colorado Springs. CDOT officials will provide additional information about the status of the project and safety and engineering improvements. Attendees will have the chance to comment and ask questions, the agency said in a news release.
If toll lanes are involved then it better be 4 lanes in each direction. Nothing will improve just like on I25 north of Denver where they did that.

We need at least one extra lane that is NOT tolled.

Old 12-02-2017, 11:15 AM

26,205 posts, read 49,007,205 times
Quote:
... But I'm not keen on a toll lane. I think Lexus Lanes stink. I'd prefer we just increased the gasoline tax....
Thank you!

We're ALL in this mess together, this mess called AMERICA. One for ALL and ALL for one. We ALL benefit from adding lanes, transit, various infrastructures, etc. Lexus Lanes are just another "divide and conquer" strategy to keep us arguing with each other, the pols and big money have played divide and conquer with us for generations; black vs white, old vs young, citizens vs immigrants, north vs south, east vs west, rich vs poor, Lexus vs Ford, etc...it's all the same. Demand solutions that fit the Pledge of Allegiance, i.e., "One Nation, Indivisible...."

That's why we ALL should help pay for this via a higher gasoline tax which is the most certain way to spread the cost among virtually ALL adults of driving age. The federal gas tax hasn't been raised since 1993 and since it isn't indexed for inflation it has stayed the same but over the 24 years since last raised it has lost a THIRD of its buying power. If Colorado highway investment was a third higher every year, think of the problem areas that could be fixed, to include transit. We are killing ourselves with this anti-tax, hate the government nonsense. End of soap box.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-02-2017, 07:37 PM

1,013 posts, read 976,900 times
So, I am a bit confused. They are going to use our tax dollars to build toll lanes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs