Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 03:13 PM

3 posts, read 24,754 times

Advertisements

Hi. I am trying to move from California to Manitou Springs. I am looking for a place to rent, and am having a hard time finding anything. I can pay up to $600 for rent, and am hoping to have a small place to myself, such as an apartment, or cottage. I want to move asap, so if anyone has any information on places, or knows the best way to go about finding a place in Manitou, please let me know. Thank you.

drumberboy@gmail.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 05:19 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumberboy View Post
Hi. I am trying to move from California to Manitou Springs. I am looking for a place to rent, and am having a hard time finding anything. I can pay up to $600 for rent, and am hoping to have a small place to myself, such as an apartment, or cottage. I want to move asap, so if anyone has any information on places, or knows the best way to go about finding a place in Manitou, please let me know. Thank you.

drumberboy@gmail.com

colorado springs craigslist > housing: search for "manitou"

Old 03-29-2009, 09:21 AM

1,455 posts, read 1,859,463 times
You might want to check out our alternative weekly: Colorado Springs Independent

Look under classified/rentals - there's usually a fair number of Manitou rentals listed every week.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:01 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,986,990 times
You will love Manitou Springs!
A budget of $600 per month will be difficult. Frankly there just isn't much inventory available in Manitou Springs. Keep looking!

Old 03-30-2009, 03:02 AM

10 posts, read 26,683 times
I don't know if you have the time or the funds to look into housing in person, but I couldn't find any good housing in Manitou online. Seems like I just walked down Manitou Ave, and found the perfect spot in about half an hour. Huge 1 br, 450 utilities included. A stream ran under my house. I don't have the specifics on contacting my former landlords, but it seems like there are more private owners there that I guess don't like using the internet for some reason. They were an elderly couple. So, I would recommend coming out here and looking around. You can walk the town in less than an hour, if I remember right.

Also, (I just remembered),
The Wheeler House is a former hotel that has cheap rent, cool people, and furnished or unfurnished apts.

719-685-4100

Old 04-01-2009, 11:58 AM

1,570 posts, read 5,986,990 times
Actually the Wheeler House is 55+ housing.
You will find rentals in Manitou Springs go very quickly - often a matter of days. The demand is huge. Parking is a problem in the historic town.
BTW - Don't assume every home has off street parking. Many do not.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:20 PM

565 posts, read 1,847,760 times
drumberboy (OP) seems to have moved on out of the Colorado forum looking for "more liberal towns"

Old 12-19-2011, 08:39 AM

1 posts, read 5,717 times
Default Moving to Manitou Springs in a few months

So I am moving to Manitou springs in 5 months. I currently live in Florida and my boyfriend and I our ready for a change. I do not want to go there and not have a job or a house. My rent budget is about 700 a month. I don't know how the job market is in Manitou. I wanna know what I'm gonna have to do when i get there. If anyone knows anything please help!

Old 12-21-2011, 09:19 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,099,388 times
Hi Kesmith325,

The job market sucks. It sucks pretty much everywhere. It does not suck much in North Dakota, but having to live in North Dakota sucks (no offense NDers!) You may want to search for jobs online and look for any connections that could get you out here. If you know for a fact you are moving in 5 months, which few people do, is the move based on having 1 job lined up already, or an educational opportunity (at a very awkward time of the year...)

There is call center work expanding in C.S. Do you mind call center work? I couldn't do it, but a great number of people here have decided to.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:27 PM
OHC

1 posts, read 5,671 times
I'd like to move to Manitou Springs within the next 12 months. A lot depends on the sale of my current home. I telecommute so I don't need work but I will have to rent because I don't think I'll recover enough from the sale of my home for a proper down payment.
A few questions:
1)It seems like there are a few rental agents that seem to have a market on the rentals in Manitou Springs... is this my imagination? I have been monitoring craigs list and the local papers. Maybe I'm just getting a micro impression since another poster said most rentals are not advertised online(?)... What rental agents or landlords need to be avoided?
2)I notice the utility lines are all above ground. Does this result in a high number of power outages in the winter?
3) What is a fair rent for a 2 BR or 1 + office space that allows for a dog and cat, with off street parking and a small fenced in space for my two animals?
4) Is there a particular time of the year where there would be more rent property available?
5) Some of the travelocity motel reviews I've read are from creeped out travelers who were turned off by deadbeats and drug activity going on in and around motels they stayed in. Is there a shady characteristic or area of Manitou Springs I should avoid living in? Or are these isolated impressions posted by travelers? I'm 420 friendly but I'm very very discreet and worry about being ripped off or burglarized so any advice on the general criminal element vibe is appreciated.
6) Speaking of 420 - how do the locals and cops feel about MMJ and being self sufficient when 100% legal? Also, is it hard to find a landlord who will allow personal growing?
7) I'm currently in a milder climate and drive a small compact. What do I need to know about winterizing my car and home?

Thanks for your honest feedback.
Jenji
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs