Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 09:27 AM

553 posts, read 1,636,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justausername View Post
Hey Maynard.

Thanks for the info. What part of New Jersey are you from ?
Roselle Park. Next to Elizabeth. Left in 1974, when I went into uniform. Lived in a lot of places since then, but I've been in COS since 1995.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justausername
We'd rather just swim in our pool.
Fair warning.....that's not much of a player here. Very, very few backyard pools. Pool water tends to go to the overnight low temperature, which is much colder here than in NJ. Without a heater, the water is generally too cold to enjoy. You'll see more hot tubs here than pools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justausername
Thanks for the info on the sports teams in town. The Triple A baseball sounds great, along with Air Force football and the hockey team. I saw a game from the Academy this fall in HD, and the sky looked unreal on the picture.
I can't recommend AF football highly enough. [Full disclosure.....I'm a USAFA graduate.] I've been a season ticket holder for over 20 years. You don't need to have an attachment to the Academy to enjoy the day. It's not just a football game, it's a tailgate, the Cadet march-on, fly-bys, the falcon performing at halftime. And the tickets are a lot cheaper than pro sports.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 04:52 PM

1,013 posts, read 977,835 times
Who needs a WaWa when you have a loaf and jug lol.

Old 03-09-2017, 03:44 AM

36 posts, read 37,971 times
I can't recommend AF football highly enough. [Full disclosure.....I'm a USAFA graduate.] I've been a season ticket holder for over 20 years. You don't need to have an attachment to the Academy to enjoy the day. It's not just a football game, it's a tailgate, the Cadet march-on, fly-bys, the falcon performing at halftime. And the tickets are a lot cheaper than pro sports.[/quote]

Paid $200 a ticket so my son and I could see his Patriots play the Jets in East Rutherford.

Paid $10 a ticket to see Princeton college football.

For some reason Rutgers charges $40 a ticket for their games.

Would love to see a Falcons game. Actually, more than one.

Old 03-09-2017, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDog View Post
Who needs a WaWa when you have a loaf and jug lol.

You would not believe the business WaWa's do here in Jersey. If you ever passed one, you'd swear that they are a used car dealership instead of a food stop.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:40 AM

9 posts, read 23,039 times
I'm originally from NYC, so former neighbors

Most of my family has relocated to Colorado Springs. It's an amazing area, and I think you will really love it. If you have any questions, especially the East Coast type, like where to find the best pizza, just let me know!

Dawn

Old 03-24-2017, 05:12 PM

1,711 posts, read 3,600,959 times
I'm originally from CT, so more tri-state neighbors!

We chose to move here after DH retired from the Army. I teach in D49 and can attest that every D49 school has PE. At the elementary level, the students generally have it once a week. Middle schools differ in their schedules and it is a requirement at the high school level.

I don't think you'll have an issue finding a great school for all of your children and be able to substitute teach. There are times when my school doesn't have enough substitutes to fill all the absent staff. I wouldn't even consider going up to Douglas County to find a good school or to teach.

Things you'll notice here are the vastly lower taxes, and fewer government services as a result.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:55 PM

1,013 posts, read 977,835 times
after they move to Colorado Springs, do people consider themselves Colorado citizens or do they continue on think they are New Yorkers or wherever they came from?

Old 03-26-2017, 03:00 PM

Thanks tri-staters for your input. I think I'll keep it simple
and consider myself an American DrDog.

Old 03-26-2017, 03:04 PM

I'm probably dreaming, but I would love to see my son perform at Red Rocks some day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRA9CnSGjLg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs