U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-19-2017, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
6,070 posts, read 6,381,640 times
Reputation: 21018

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilberry View Post
Oh no ! I am the parent !
Quick! Sell the house and buy an RV. Take off!

Your new address becomes your cell phone number.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-21-2017, 08:22 AM
 
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
178 posts, read 102,875 times
Reputation: 199
I'm making plans to retire next year and am investigating moving to Colorado Springs. My son, daughter in law and grandson currently live in Castle Rock and they are the reason I want to move back to Colorado (I lived in Denver from 1980-83), to be closer to them (I currently live in Western New York State), but rents are really high in Castle Rock. In my online investigation using Zillow and Craigslist, I've found rents are more affordable in Colorado Springs and I found several listings in the $750-$1000 range, which is the price range I'm looking for.

Right now, my plan is to retire at the end of August, 2018 and make the move to Colorado at the end of September, 2018. I've worked in the IT field for 33 years. I'm an USAF veteran who served honorably and am a reliable and steady person. To landlords who may be following this forum, PM me if you will be having a vacancy in October, 2018, as I would be interested in finding out more about the vacancy. I'm looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment in the $750-$1000 range.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2017, 05:45 PM
 
13 posts, read 9,482 times
Reputation: 25
I know I'm late to this thread. My personally, I find the prices in COS to be very reasonable compared to where I'm coming from. We currently live in the Denver area and I commute daily to the springs. Prices in that area are very high. I will say, it appears all of the homes in the low 2k's seem to go very quick. they usually have multiple applicants each and it becomes a bit of a bidding war.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2018, 04:33 PM
 
2 posts, read 4,003 times
Reputation: 10
Default Not Colorado springs

I live in Colorado Springs and have for over 36 years. 36 years ago it was a really nice place now the homeless population is increasing due to the incredibly high rents. A one bedroom can go for an average in a decent part of town for about $1,000 which depending on your income may or may not be high. Check out realtor.com end of zillow.com to look at average prices for rentals or purchasing homes. The job market has changed considerably since most of the tech companies have left the city. The population is growing fast and its anticipated 3 million more people moving to the state of Colorado over the next 30 Years. The traffic in Colorado Springs is horrendous they are constantly doing construction on the roadways the curbs. They redid parking downtown and created a bigger nightmare than one can imagine. I would not suggest living in Colorado Springs personally I will be out of here within the next 14 months!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2018, 08:19 PM
 
Location: Colorado
1,010 posts, read 692,464 times
Reputation: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingseeker View Post
I live in Colorado Springs and have for over 36 years. 36 years ago it was a really nice place now the homeless population is increasing due to the incredibly high rents. A one bedroom can go for an average in a decent part of town for about $1,000 which depending on your income may or may not be high. Check out realtor.com end of zillow.com to look at average prices for rentals or purchasing homes. The job market has changed considerably since most of the tech companies have left the city. The population is growing fast and its anticipated 3 million more people moving to the state of Colorado over the next 30 Years. The traffic in Colorado Springs is horrendous they are constantly doing construction on the roadways the curbs. They redid parking downtown and created a bigger nightmare than one can imagine. I would not suggest living in Colorado Springs personally I will be out of here within the next 14 months!
2 points.
1. You’ve been here a long time. Maybe you don’t realize that the same thing is happening most everywhere else?
2. I would disagree that the homeless problem is due to increased rents. I doubt those people could afford rent even if you cut it in half.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2018, 11:00 AM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
4,944 posts, read 2,306,167 times
Reputation: 3787
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDog View Post
2 points.

2. I would disagree that the homeless problem is due to increased rents. I doubt those people could afford rent even if you cut it in half.
I believe high rental prices are a factor as well as a lack of 21st century job skills. Long gone are the days of unskilled factory work.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2018, 12:23 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
3,698 posts, read 2,931,598 times
Reputation: 4559
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
I believe high rental prices are a factor as well as a lack of 21st century job skills. Long gone are the days of unskilled factory work.
I'd agree. I've interviewed any number of people in my workplace who picked up and moved here on a whim because of our unemployment figures and a deep desire to simply be in CO. They did no research, have no plan, few skills, and little to no savings. Once they get here, they find rent out of reach compared to bumbleweed wherever they came from, and jobs requiring above overage skill sets, so they end of living out of their car.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2018, 08:12 PM
 
1,429 posts, read 1,928,249 times
Reputation: 2006
I have mentioned this before but reading the Housing Wanted section of craigslist is pretty eye-opening concerning people moving here with nothing more than a wish that it will work out.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2018, 06:17 AM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
6,070 posts, read 6,381,640 times
Reputation: 21018
Quote:
Originally Posted by orngkat View Post
I have mentioned this before but reading the Housing Wanted section of craigslist is pretty eye-opening concerning people moving here with nothing more than a wish that it will work out.
My observation from living both in Colorado Springs and previously Phoenix is that people who move to escape problems and start a new life someplace else generally bring their problems along.

If the underlying behavior that created the problem didn't change, the problems will just re-occur.

Some people lack the foresight to think ahead; instead just hope that things will work out.

Hope is not a plan.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2018, 10:06 AM
 
Location: Colorado
1,010 posts, read 692,464 times
Reputation: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
I'd agree. I've interviewed any number of people in my workplace who picked up and moved here on a whim because of our unemployment figures and a deep desire to simply be in CO. They did no research, have no plan, few skills, and little to no savings. Once they get here, they find rent out of reach compared to bumbleweed wherever they came from, and jobs requiring above overage skill sets, so they end of living out of their car.
That was kinda my point. If you don’t have a job, lower rents don’t help. Zero income doesn’t pay any rent.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top