Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 09:41 AM

216 posts, read 189,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
"According to rental site Zumper, median rents for a one bedroom in Old Colorado City are hovering around $750, compared to a $840 one-bedroom median for Colorado Springs as a whole.

But how does the low-end pricing on an Old Colorado City rental look these days — and what might you get for the price?

We took a look at local listings from Zumper and Apartment Guide to find out what price-conscious apartment seekers can expect to find in the neighborhood, which, according to Walk Score ratings, isn't very walkable, has minimal bike infrastructure and doesn't offer many public transit options.

Read on for the cheapest listings available right now. (Note: Prices and availability are subject to change.)"

https://news.yahoo.com/budget-apartm...110420111.html
I walk to and through Old Colorado City often and it's a very walkable neighborhood. There's also a bus line on Colorado Ave and a bike lane as well. I'm not sure where "Walk Score" is getting their info from. My personal opinion is that OCC is a cool old neighborhood with a bohemian feel to it with lots of dining/drinking options and tons of shopping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2019, 06:37 PM

753 posts, read 1,104,823 times
Yeah, OCC is one of the most walkable neighborhoods in town, especially if you're farther west and closer to the Safeway. (It's a bit of a grunt up the hill to the King Soopers on 19th and Uintah.) My friends who live in OCC say they get a lot of use out of the library which is an easy walk from their home.

Old 12-08-2019, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.frog View Post
Yeah, OCC is one of the most walkable neighborhoods in town, especially if you're farther west and closer to the Safeway. (It's a bit of a grunt up the hill to the King Soopers on 19th and Uintah.) My friends who live in OCC say they get a lot of use out of the library which is an easy walk from their home.
dr.frog, for me it's an uphill walk to get back home from OCC and let me tell you, it's a work out!

The Carnegie Library is in a beautiful building and has been in operation since 1904, when it opened. From wikipedia "Funded by the Andrew Carnegie Library Fund. The building is on the National Register of Historic Places". Here's a photo of it:

Old 12-08-2019, 09:04 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
That library is really a delight, been there for some lectures. The main library downtown is a true crown jewel of the city, also a Carnegie library; if you can, get into the wood-panel back room, it's awesome, and check out there special services like the business librarian.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-19-2019, 04:48 AM

7,185 posts, read 9,320,007 times
Apartments for rent in Colorado Springs: What will $1,500 get you?

https://hoodline.com/2019/12/apartme...you-1576723271

"December 18, 2019
Curious just how far your dollar goes in Colorado Springs?

We've rounded up the latest places for rent via rental sites Zumper and Apartment Guide to get a sense of what to expect when it comes to locating apartment rentals in Colorado Springs if you've got up to $1,500/month earmarked for your rent.

Take a look at the listings, below. (Note: Prices and availability are subject to change.)"

Old 12-19-2019, 04:59 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
It’s all about the availability of places for rent. The fewer for rent means the landlord can pretty much get top dollar for his rental unit. Rents are up almost everywhere people want to live.

Old 12-19-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
Apartments for rent in Colorado Springs: What will $1,500 get you?
My friends here in Cos who helped my find my apartment checked out a new complex that's west on Fillmore past Centennial, Overlook at Mesa Creek. It's just been built and my friend told me the rent is in the high $1,400s for two bedroom apartments and one bedroom apartments go for $1,275 - $1,360.

I'm just up the street and my rent, trash, gas and water charges have been averaging $950 a month and my electric bill has been in the low $30s per month for a spacious 1 bedroom apartment with a balcony. This is well below than what I was paying for my townhouse back in a suburb of Rochester, NY. Cable/internet is a lot more expensive here with Comcast/Xfinity though and as I posted in another thread, my auto insurance monthly payment doubled from what I was paying back in Rochester. All in all though, my monthly expenses living in Colorado Springs are less than back in Rochester and being a retired guy living on a fixed income, I'll take that!

Old 12-19-2019, 06:32 PM

24 posts, read 22,093 times
I just surveyed the area (with thoughts of putting my place on the rental market) and was surprised to see that the prices are so low! CO Springs is listed as one of the most affordable places in the country. I wish Denver was so affordable! As a person who is still pretty new to CO Springs, I've noticed the costs of other services are much, much less than other places, too.

Old 01-10-2020, 04:02 AM

Apartments for rent in Colorado Springs: What will $1,300 get you?

"Curious just how far your dollar goes in Colorado Springs?

We've rounded up the latest places for rent via rental sites Zumper and Apartment Guide to get a sense of what to expect when it comes to finding affordable apartments in Colorado Springs if you've got a budget of up to $1,300/month.

Take a peek at what rentals the city has to offer, below. (Note: Prices and availability are subject to change.)"

https://hoodline.com/2020/01/apartme...you-1578635063

Old 01-14-2020, 03:43 AM

https://patch.com/colorado/colorado-...skyrocket-2019

"Rent in Colorado Springs has gone up by a whopping 27.3 percent over the past five years, and Aurora has gone up by 22 percent.

Colorado Springs' median two-bedroom rent of $1,272 is above the national average of $1,192"

Like it or not, this fact squeezes out many lower income people. It also greatly contributes to the homelessness problem.

One observation is that many apartment complexes were recently bought and refurbished by investors. Upon refurbishment, rents zoomed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs