Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 04:31 AM

3 posts, read 6,259 times

Advertisements

Basically does going to UCCS require you to have a high school diploma or proof of it? I don’t have one. But I’m wanting to attend college at UCCS as I’m tired of working dead end jobs. But I don’t have a high school Diploma and can’t tell from their website if they require it or not. Or I can just say I went to high school and they maybe they don’t even verify it. No idea.

Also any opinions on UCCS in general?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 06:59 AM

776 posts, read 955,317 times
It took me about 3 seconds on Google to find this information on the website of UCCS.

It spells out exactly what documents they require from any potential applicant.

The very first document required is " A high school graduation certificate or GED ".

They are not going to "take your word for it "

Read this. .https://www.uccs.edu/coe/student-res...admission.html

Getting into a post secondary institution is a competition, where you have to earn a place in the school.

Part of that involves proving your previous educational achievements.

XXX.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:09 AM

216 posts, read 189,385 times
LosAngeles525, if you're already living in Colorado Springs, here's a link for preparing and testing for your GED:

https://bestgedclasses.org/colorado-springs/

Old 12-02-2017, 09:05 AM

115 posts, read 101,387 times
If you want an easier in start at ppcc and transfer to uccs. Uccs acceptance rate is north of 90%, so getting in isnt hard. You will need to show proof of either hs diploma or ged though.

Old 12-02-2017, 09:08 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,165,344 times
If you do end up deciding to attend college in Colorado, you can go to PPCC (Pikes Peak Community College) for the first 2 years and all of your credits will transfer to UCCS. Much cheaper than doing all 4 years at UCCS.

https://www.uccs.edu/transfer/transf.../colorado.html

Old 12-02-2017, 11:58 AM

6,821 posts, read 10,513,511 times
I would not say that 'all' your PPCC credits will transfer - some won't, unless you are clear with your PPCC advisor about your plans to transfer and choose courses accordingly. You may also need to take the ACT or SAT with at least average scores. They will not take you without a diploma or GED, but PPCC may have a little more flexibility. I'd suggest if you're serious that you give both schools a call to talk with an admissions advisor. You should also consider carefully what degree plan you will follow, since your primary goal is getting out of dead end jobs - choose a degree path that is highly likely to specifically lead to a particular type of gainful employment that appeals to you.

UCCS is a good school and its reputation is only getting better over time. It is not to be considered an 'easy' school as many of its programs are nationally ranked. At PPCC you may also find a lot of two-year programs instead of 4-year that lead to specific certificates/degrees geared toward employment. It may not take a 4 year degree to get what you want, so consider your options.

Here is another option for GED prep in Colorado Springs- https://www.d11.org/adulted

Old 12-02-2017, 12:33 PM

384 posts, read 376,210 times
I would do like everyone suggested and start with PPCC . My oldest attended UCCS his fourth year and it cost 17K that's instate and living at home not the dorms. The parking was 200$ a semester unless you park in the free lot down the hill which is a long walk. It is really expensive.

Old 12-02-2017, 07:14 PM

1,013 posts, read 977,230 times
Might be hard to get in state tuition if your name is Los Angeles

Old 12-03-2017, 02:32 AM

3 posts, read 6,259 times
Ha that username is so Old. Every time I clicked on required documents it said “link not found” the UCCS site was buggy as hell. Maybe it was just like that the other day

Worst part is I finished basically all of HS.. I just didn’t finish 1 single class. Therefore I didn’t graduate. Which was a decade ago so that seems unlikely I can go back and finish that 1 class I missed. Should have done it when younger. Oh well

Old 12-03-2017, 09:43 AM

6,821 posts, read 10,513,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngeles525 View Post
Ha that username is so Old. Every time I clicked on required documents it said “link not found” the UCCS site was buggy as hell. Maybe it was just like that the other day

Worst part is I finished basically all of HS.. I just didn’t finish 1 single class. Therefore I didn’t graduate. Which was a decade ago so that seems unlikely I can go back and finish that 1 class I missed. Should have done it when younger. Oh well
Start with PPCC - even one year there with good grades may help you get into UCCS and keep you on track for a 4-year degree if you have something in particular in mind. Talk to an admissions advisor and don't be too quick to give up on your dreams - if they're worth fighting for, then fight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs