U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 08:13 AM

1 posts, read 966 times

Advertisements

I got my Krispy Kreme addiction when I was back east for a short time. I was happy to see them here in Colorado Springs. Then when I tried them here YIKES, is all I can say. NOTHING like the ones in Virginia and West Virginia. It seem like when a chain comes here , something is always lost in the translation.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 09:57 AM

641 posts, read 2,103,941 times
I always associated KK as a more Southern chain. Out here, not so much.

Dunkin' Donuts usually works fine for me....when I happen to be close to one of their stores. Unfortunately, I wanna' say there's only like 3 in town....none close to me, but I love their coffee!!

So whenever I'm close to one....I usually can't pass up a good cup of coffee. If there was one off Powers blvd, near Peterson AFB, it would be swamped all the time.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:23 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,251,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terytee View Post

So whenever I'm close to one....I usually can't pass up a good cup of coffee. If there was one off Powers blvd, near Peterson AFB, it would be swamped all the time.
When the new dental office was being built off of Stetson Hills and Powers I was hoping that it would be a DD. I was so disappointed.

You can also try Southern Maid out in Falcon, I've had their donuts and they are VERY good!

Old 01-11-2012, 08:52 PM

591 posts, read 2,190,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terytee View Post
I always associated KK as a more Southern chain. Out here, not so much.

Dunkin' Donuts usually works fine for me....when I happen to be close to one of their stores. Unfortunately, I wanna' say there's only like 3 in town....none close to me, but I love their coffee!!

Krispy Kreme started in Winston-Salem, N.C. I've had Krispy Kreme's in N.C. and still prefer Dunkin hands down, especially for the coffee.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:08 AM

641 posts, read 2,103,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_hug99 View Post
When the new dental office was being built off of Stetson Hills and Powers I was hoping that it would be a DD. I was so disappointed.

You can also try Southern Maid out in Falcon, I've had their donuts and they are VERY good!
Tks for the suggestion.

I live just down the road from that corner of Stetson Hills and Powers that you mentioned. I was hoping it would be something other than a dentist office also. A DD there would be very convenient, but I'd also be 10lbs heavier!! Stopping by waaaay too often on my way to and from....anywhere!

Old 01-12-2012, 09:33 AM

2,650 posts, read 1,523,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Krispy Kreme= YUCK. Nasty mass produced garbage.
Seems like Krispy Kreme added way too much sugar. (Krispy Kreme seems like a different recipe in the south; way better.) Really like Dunkin donuts; was a sad day when Dunkins left Fillmore st and that other shop moved in. To be fair, I only tried the other shop once; figured if they could not make a glazed donut; what good are they? Funny, they are still in business, must have something.

Nothing like a great cup of coffee and a perfect glazed donut...............yum.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:22 AM

33,965 posts, read 14,287,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
...Krispy Kreme seems like a different recipe in the south; way better...
Not sure about that, could be. But I have noticed that Hostess uses a different chocolate out here on their Ho Hos than back East. Wonder why?

Old 01-12-2012, 11:26 AM

23,113 posts, read 42,305,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Not sure about that, could be. But I have noticed that Hostess uses a different chocolate out here on their Ho Hos than back East. Wonder why?
FWIW: Hostess just entered bankruptcy. If they go away I'll miss my annual package of raspberry zingers.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:36 AM

1,698 posts, read 2,571,666 times
For all you Dunkin Donuts fans, looks like they are planning on expanding in Colorado Springs. I don't know exactly WHERE though....

Dunkin' Donuts expanding; Colorado locations coming soon - KDVR (http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-dunkin-donuts-expanding-colorado-locations-coming-soon-20120104,0,7282296.story - broken link)

Old 01-12-2012, 02:04 PM

3,334 posts, read 5,499,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
FWIW: Hostess just entered bankruptcy. If they go away I'll miss my annual package of raspberry zingers.
I have to believe that sneaky Little Debbie with her false cherubic face is behind it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs