Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 09:42 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDog View Post
Why do I have to prove anything? You haven’t. On at least a weekly basis I take care of marijuana user who is ”scromiting”. Something you imply doesn’t exist. It’s real, I see it, it’s in the medical literature.
Ha! Ok, now I know what I need to know about you.

After 47 years of daily experience, and 25 years of researching the plant, its effects on the humans who consume it, and why it became illegal in the first place, I can very confidently call your post BUNK!!

I am not even going to go into with you any further than that, because with a conservative estimate of 25,000,000 cannabis users per month, it is easy for anyone who is connected with reality to see the rarity of "scromiting" means it deserves it place right up there along with face eating.

EDIT TO ADD: On the other hand, if you are including or confusing the cases of synthetic marijuana causing ER visits, that's different. The synthetic stuff is a whole different ballgame.

Last edited by Raddo; 03-24-2018 at 09:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 03:23 AM

510 posts, read 370,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdefg567 View Post
I don't know about cars, my parents did this 20 years ago and no one said anything.

But, if they're doing it outside anywhere near my children I will and have called the police non emergency or security, and they have been asked to stop, ticketed, etc. After I ask them to stop nicely first, unless they look scary.

The average 10 year old probably knows more about cannabis than most adults. It's not hard to get correct info if you avoid Fed gov't sites and any pill pusher sites.

Cannabis makes people non-violent if anything does, and what is a scary look? Do you think most drinkers are scary? They're much more likely to be violent. I've seen or heard about fights between drinkers fairly often, but really have not heard about fights between cannabis users.

Where I am, beer and wine are legal in the parks, if not in glass containers. If police spot someone using cannabis in a park, they can issue a fine of up to $200, ask the person to leave, or do nothing. People who use cannabis generally have the good sense not to sit near where kids are playing or sitting.

You Tube has lots of videos of several young adults using it in enclosed, unventilated places (cars/rooms). You Tube also has some doctors who've studied it most of their lives, unlike many other sources. They talk about the safety record of 0 proven deaths out of over a billion users since Genesis, plus what they have learned about it in general.

You Tube I think may have millions of songs, many about cannabis (& other drugs). It's getting mainstream, with use in many big cities topping 30%, and statewide averages topping 20%.

States that legalize get more people, more jobs, tax money. States that insist on keeping it illegal may go bankrupt, how many would truly favor that?

Amazon must have thousands of books about cannabis, some over 500 pages with growing instructions and pics of some of the over 1,700 strains sold in dispensaries.

Cannabis was in half the items sold in pharmacies, for the last half of the 1800s. Then, they tried to convert people to aspirin or heroin! Now cannabis is recommended to get off many bad drugs.

64% in US want cannabis legal for all adults (recent Gallup poll). Something in the 85%-90% range want it to be allowed for specified medical reasons. A Federal study published in 2/15 said cannabis is not a statistically significant source of traffic fatalities. It explains how other studies got it wrong.

6 out of 7 cannabis users have a job as more employers learn about it. If workers are males under 25, about 1/4 will be cannabis users who want to work to be able to buy it. Many parents or other relatives may give the young kids pot, but many kids are very low level dealers, like buy 1/4 oz.(7grams) for $100, sell 5 grams to friends for $20 each, so 2 grams for themselves is the profit. This is often done in parks, but deals have taken place in elementary schools, even in class. 3 8 year olds sharing a joint in lavatory.

For parents wishing their teens out of their house for good, you might just get your wish soon. Canada legal cannabis for 18 & up starts this July 1st. Mexico will have legal cannabis as soon as their 1st crop is mature, or sooner if another country will sell them some. Maybe all countries that have Spring Break for college students will legalize and maybe many Americans will leave the country for good.

Last edited by GWTJ; 03-25-2018 at 03:34 AM..

Old 03-25-2018, 08:21 AM

834 posts, read 743,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWTJ View Post
The average 10 year old probably knows more about cannabis than most adults. It's not hard to get correct info if you avoid Fed gov't sites and any pill pusher sites.

Cannabis makes people non-violent if anything does, and what is a scary look? Do you think most drinkers are scary? They're much more likely to be violent. I've seen or heard about fights between drinkers fairly often, but really have not heard about fights between cannabis users.

Where I am, beer and wine are legal in the parks, if not in glass containers. If police spot someone using cannabis in a park, they can issue a fine of up to $200, ask the person to leave, or do nothing. People who use cannabis generally have the good sense not to sit near where kids are playing or sitting.

You Tube has lots of videos of several young adults using it in enclosed, unventilated places (cars/rooms). You Tube also has some doctors who've studied it most of their lives, unlike many other sources. They talk about the safety record of 0 proven deaths out of over a billion users since Genesis, plus what they have learned about it in general.

You Tube I think may have millions of songs, many about cannabis (& other drugs). It's getting mainstream, with use in many big cities topping 30%, and statewide averages topping 20%.

States that legalize get more people, more jobs, tax money. States that insist on keeping it illegal may go bankrupt, how many would truly favor that?

Amazon must have thousands of books about cannabis, some over 500 pages with growing instructions and pics of some of the over 1,700 strains sold in dispensaries.

Cannabis was in half the items sold in pharmacies, for the last half of the 1800s. Then, they tried to convert people to aspirin or heroin! Now cannabis is recommended to get off many bad drugs.

64% in US want cannabis legal for all adults (recent Gallup poll). Something in the 85%-90% range want it to be allowed for specified medical reasons. A Federal study published in 2/15 said cannabis is not a statistically significant source of traffic fatalities. It explains how other studies got it wrong.

6 out of 7 cannabis users have a job as more employers learn about it. If workers are males under 25, about 1/4 will be cannabis users who want to work to be able to buy it. Many parents or other relatives may give the young kids pot, but many kids are very low level dealers, like buy 1/4 oz.(7grams) for $100, sell 5 grams to friends for $20 each, so 2 grams for themselves is the profit. This is often done in parks, but deals have taken place in elementary schools, even in class. 3 8 year olds sharing a joint in lavatory.

For parents wishing their teens out of their house for good, you might just get your wish soon. Canada legal cannabis for 18 & up starts this July 1st. Mexico will have legal cannabis as soon as their 1st crop is mature, or sooner if another country will sell them some. Maybe all countries that have Spring Break for college students will legalize and maybe many Americans will leave the country for good.
This disturbing read is exactly why I'd prefer people keep their drug use in their own homes, and probably why many employers still drug test.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdefg567 View Post
This disturbing read is exactly why I'd prefer people keep their drug use in their own homes, and probably why many employers still drug test.
I would love to know what you find the most disturbing of that read.

Old 03-25-2018, 11:02 AM

834 posts, read 743,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
I would love to know what you find the most disturbing of that read.
I bet you would.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:08 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,387,503 times
Since this is the COS forum and not the great debates area, it matters not what other places do. In Colo Spgs, it is illegal to have an open container of alcohol, not matter what the container, at city parks so weed smokers are no more discriminated against for their vice than are people drinking alcohol. Neither are allowed. Similarly, whether a 10 year old know more about than their parents or not, it is illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to consume alcohol or smoke weed in CO.

Unlike alcohol, consuming marijuana does create a zone of exposure risk for those who chose not to imbibe. Some non smokers do not care for this smell, and even casual contact by walking by the area where it is being smoked can cause one to test positive for exposure. As we continue to evolve our laws around cannabis, we also continue to evolve our testing. It is possible for a casual contact exposure to a cannabis user who is smoking to give a non-participate/non-smoker a positive test. Simply walking through a cloud of exhaled weed smoke can produce a .05 nanogram positive reading over the next 24 hours if they inhaled the smoke. Since the plant is still illegal Federally and there are some jobs out there that have zero tolerance policies, any positive test no matter what the reading, can put people's employment at risk. Since we have a large number of Federal jobs in Colo Spgs, I would surmise there are a few people who absolutely must avoid exposure.

Whether they look scary or not, whether they are violent or not, neither of these substances are allowed to be used in city parks. Encountering people using them would require observation of the situation and environment around everyone involved, and the likelihood of what a confrontation may lead to is what will determine, in my case, whether I would confront users, simply leave them to their devices, or alert authorities.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:50 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,398,518 times
Quote:
neither of these substances are allowed to be used in city parks.
Yeah, finally an answer. Apparently, smoking pot is about as divisive as politics. I find the smell of present day stuff nauseating and as they used to say, a real knock-off wherever you decide to partake.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:16 AM

18,008 posts, read 27,453,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
We could exchange links all day long. There is just as much propaganda put out by the anti-cannabis and prohibitionists nuts as there is...
pro-cannabis nutjobs.

There. Fixed it for ya. =)

Old 03-30-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
pro-cannabis nutjobs.

There. Fixed it for ya. =)
Sounds about right. The word you deleted and fixed was "reality".

A large number of prohibitionists do that very thing. They ignore reality and sweep the facts under the rug.

Old 03-30-2018, 01:58 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,553,512 times
I did find this interesting. I don’t find the smell of pot at concerts nearly as objectionable as I do cigarettes, but bottom line is smoke is not good for you.

Are There Risks From Secondhand Marijuana Smoke? Early Science Says Yes

I’m also pro legalization. I just not naive enough to think that it’s harmless.

Last edited by SkyDog77; 03-30-2018 at 02:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
View detailed profiles of: