Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2018, 01:52 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times

Advertisements

Well that's it...i didn't see a thread on it...i had no idea and travel it everyday till i saw
2 motorcycle cops North and South flashing lights trapping people...my passenger had to point out
the change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2018, 02:16 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
They can't raise taxes...but they can raise revenue...
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:59 PM

1,013 posts, read 977,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
They can't raise taxes...but they can raise revenue...
Odd that they would need to change a speed limit to do it. There are plenty os speeders everywhere.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:05 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDog View Post
Odd that they would need to change a speed limit to do it. There are plenty os speeders everywhere.
That's true. Could be a case of the ONEN neighborhood association insisting on the change.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-22-2018, 06:59 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,389,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
That's true. Could be a case of the ONEN neighborhood association insisting on the change.
Bingo! This is part of a larger transportation plan that ONEN has been working on and fighting with CC, Penrose Hospital, and COS city government over many years and through many different changes while all the same entities have grown and gotten increasingly busy.

I forget which iteration of which version they are on now. More change are likely still on the horizon as there is still not wholesale agreement on a master plan from all entities.

Old 06-22-2018, 07:13 AM

That's what I thought, the Old NE Ass at it again...like the speed bumps on Wood Ave.
However, it is the talk of the area (I am the one that brings it up to warn others), then
they tell me it's Nev and Weber also north of Uintah...Oh, I didn't know that.
People know people that have already gotten ticketed.
At 35 mph, I would go 40 easily when it was clear...never any police, in 20 yrs!
But, 40 in a 30 zone is not a good ticket to get....then try 42 mph, yikes.
One fella said they did it in May with NO warning.
Anyone know if this was spelled out in The Gazette? I mean specifically?

Careful.

Thanks TCHP...um, 'iteration' ? Had to look that one up!!! Now, how to work that into a conversation at the pub, hmmm.

Old 06-22-2018, 07:49 AM

Dunno about the Gazette. I don't get it. I know on some other neighborhood social sites I participate on, it is a regular and hotly debated topic about traffic in the Old North End and of course there are regular open houses with Penrose and CC about it.

Yup, iteration of a version. Layers on layers of revisions over numerous years. Every dog in this fight has had an upper hand at one point of another and they all love to fight.

All the bus traffic redirection off Cascade is another results of this. There are more changes to come, I'm sure.

Old 06-22-2018, 01:02 PM

Interesting...I will have to notice if buses are no more on Cascade.
I am not a fan of buses....but people NEED buses....so I can put up with them, gee!
With Penrose on Cascade I sure hope there are buses for people!

Old 06-22-2018, 03:16 PM

They are still on Cascade, north of Penrose and south of CC. Cascade and Fillmore has a major bus stop now with a huge concrete pad and numerous benches for multiple stops. But, between Cache La Poudre and Jackson, the only go up Nevada, then shift over to Cascade.

Old 06-22-2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
They are still on Cascade, north of Penrose and south of CC. Cascade and Fillmore has a major bus stop now with a huge concrete pad and numerous benches for multiple stops. But, between Cache La Poudre and Jackson, the only go up Nevada, then shift over to Cascade.
I had no idea...how come you are so smart?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
View detailed profiles of: