Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 11:02 AM

216 posts, read 189,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
It is not considered the best of locations, generally speaking, although being right by the golf course could be kind of neat. You might go to one of those crime-map sites and look around and see how it compares to other areas you investigate as you look for apartments.
Thanks otowi! It's not bad from what I saw next to the golf course. The area kind of reminds me of old Aurora, CO, when I lived there in 1980. There's a Saves A Lot and Family Dollar within walking distance and a vape shop and a pawn shop nearby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2019, 12:29 PM

6,824 posts, read 10,518,651 times
Personally I would probably be fine living there - but people have different levels of sensitivity so I just wanted to make sure you check the data, etc., for your own level of comfort. It is pretty close to Prospect Lake and Memorial Park and the cemetery as well - lots of green space nearby.

Old 06-03-2019, 08:22 AM

otowi, I do like the western parts of Colorado Springs as well and really liked Old Colorado City, some cool neighborhoods there. Manitou Springs is cool too. It's just the matter of finding a place within my rent budget and the Fairview Apts are within my budget and the vacancies I saw were clean, freshly painted and no signs of vermin. My friends in Cos are helping me with this and hopefully I find a decent place in a decent neighborhood.

Old 06-03-2019, 10:34 AM

There's an Amy's Donuts just around the corner from the Fairview Apts!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Am...!4d-104.782091

Old 06-03-2019, 10:35 AM

I've been there! Pretty fancy donuts!

Old 06-04-2019, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
I've been there! Pretty fancy donuts!
otowi, way cool! It's a short walk from the Fairview Apts. How's their coffee?

Old 06-04-2019, 07:56 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,166,868 times
Amy's donuts are the best! And a little further down is Evergreen Cemetery, which is a beautiful place to go for a peaceful walk!

Old 06-04-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochester_veteran View Post
otowi, way cool! It's a short walk from the Fairview Apts. How's their coffee?
I haven't tried it, don't remember if they even had coffee.

Old 06-04-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle1 View Post
Amy's donuts are the best! And a little further down is Evergreen Cemetery, which is a beautiful place to go for a peaceful walk!
I saw the cemetery on the map! Yes, cemetery walks can be very peaceful and some are landscaped beautifully! I've been fortunate to have walked and explored Mt Hope Cemetery in Rochester, the oldest municipal cemetery in the US. Victorian Era. How is Prospect Lake, nice walking and views?

Old 06-04-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochester_veteran View Post
I saw the cemetery on the map! Yes, cemetery walks can be very peaceful and some are landscaped beautifully! I've been fortunate to have walked and explored Mt Hope Cemetery in Rochester, the oldest municipal cemetery in the US. Victorian Era. How is Prospect Lake, nice walking and views?
Prospect Lake and Memorial Park are great - it is a nice about 1-mile walk around the lake. It gets stocked for some fishing. I am not sure what it is like there after dark - it used to not be great but not sure about current status - , but during daylight it is a wonderful place to be. Memorial Park, of which Prospect Lake is part of, can provide an even longer walk by a few miles at least and has lots of amenities like playgrounds, ice skating rink, velodrome, playing fields of some kinds, etc. The firefigher memorial is also there. Prospect Lake has a swimming beach but I think they're remodeling this year so closed but should be open next year. Memorial Park also has this clock that has these beautiful chimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs