U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 10:49 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,329,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InchingWest View Post
It's time to decriminalize prostitution and allow for safe places where it can happen.

Benefits of legalization:
De-stigmatization,
Tax revenues for states and localities,
Commercial property revitalization,

Removing bad actors like pimps and drug dealers,
Protection for the prostitutes, legal and in-house.

It will also re-vamp society. Women who are not prostitutes would have to start treating men nicely again, because they will have cheap, no-strings-attached competition.

If men can get sex fulfilled cheaply and easily, women who seek relationships will have to take their non-sexual game up a notch, and that means treating men as human beings again and not taking us for granted.
I feel your pain the dating game is brutal these days especially if you live in a city like the Springs where the gender ratios are out of balance.
Rate this post positively

Old 05-19-2019, 11:08 AM

1,153 posts, read 786,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I agree with all sentiments stated above.

Also it cracked me up to see the Facebook post by a news station that also said in the description, "Click here, to see where they are!" with a (really!?) interactive map of all of the locations.

They might as well have said, "If you want to go get serviced, here is where every location is! Also no way are the cops watching them now! What could possibly go wrong?? Go onnn...you know you wanna!"

It was pretty silly.

Why would the cops be watching? It's likely where many of them go after work once or twice a week.

Besides, without a warrant or a reason to expect any wrong-doing what can they do? Cops don't just act off of rumors, or at least they shouldn't.

And another poster brought up a good point about bribes. It's likely that either bribes are being paid out, whether in cash or in services rendered.

Old 05-20-2019, 12:34 PM

15,222 posts, read 9,546,134 times
Quote:
It's time to decriminalize prostitution and allow for safe places where it can happen.

De-stigmatization,
*Removing bad actors like pimps and drug dealers,*
Drug and disease testing for health reasons.

It will also re-vamp society. Women who are not prostitutes would have to start treating men nicely again, because they will have cheap, no-strings-attached competition.

If men can get sex fulfilled cheaply and easily, women who seek relationships will have to take their non-sexual game up a notch, and that means treating men as human beings again and not taking us for granted.
Um. OK.

And the flipside, I guess, if men are not desperate to get laid, maybe if they want an actual partner, they'll treat women like human beings and not the inconvenient guardians of a commodity they're upset at being denied?

Thing is, when I've been dating, if I got the sense that a man I thought I might date saw interactions between the sexes as oppositional, like a gender "war"...I wanted nothing to do with that. I'd very much rather be alone, than with someone who thinks I'm an enemy or opponent or something. (At best.) The relationship I was seeking and found, was one where we are on the same team, wanting the same things, and working to make them happen together.

If you think and/or expect the worst from women, I am sorry you've had whatever experiences brought you to that place, but it isn't my job to take the heat for whatever other people did to you. No more than I expect men to pay a price for what other men may have done to me in my life.

I do however strongly believe that prostitution should be decriminalized and regulated for everyone's safety. The industry has always existed and always will. In the black market, exploitation, abuse, and disease can flourish. In the above-board legal market, people will do it because they choose to, not because they are forced, abusers can be blacklisted, no pimps need be involved, and STI checks can be done frequently. It's just completely better.

And I will never comprehend how it's ok to wine and dine a date in the hopes of maybe getting laid, but not ok to just exchange money for services. Like we put some "game" into the situation and make it all uncertainty and innuendo, and somehow that makes it better? Just because no one is truly sure, what they're going to get? Sounds dumb to me!

Quote:
Why would the cops be watching? It's likely where many of them go after work once or twice a week.

Besides, without a warrant or a reason to expect any wrong-doing what can they do? Cops don't just act off of rumors, or at least they shouldn't.

And another poster brought up a good point about bribes. It's likely that either bribes are being paid out, whether in cash or in services rendered.
I guess that's possible, but when something like this is all over the news, I'd be concerned that the City would be pressured to "do something about it" so I would not trust that it's safe, personally. I mean, I've got no horse in this race, if you want to take your chances, ain't nobody stoppin' ya.

I'll stick to the legal and consensual fun that probably costs less.

Old 06-03-2019, 02:21 PM

1,129 posts, read 1,150,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
https://www.krdo.com/news/massage-pa...ngs/1077744033

[b]"A KRDO special report found that there are 36 massage parlors in the city that have recent reviews specifically outlining explicit sexual acts that can be purchased inside. That's more than there are licensed brothels in the entire state of Nevada."[/
It looks like the world's oldest profession thrives in Colorado Springs.

Let's see how this story evolves.
Haha! you must be sleepwalking through life. Ever take a gander at the website called Rubmaps? Maybe you should.

Old 06-03-2019, 05:56 PM

12,663 posts, read 14,905,950 times
Quote:

De-stigmatization,
*Removing bad actors like pimps and drug dealers,*
Drug and disease testing for health reasons.

Plus Bob Kraft will stay out of the "head"lines

Old 06-04-2019, 05:05 AM

6,133 posts, read 6,492,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooksmom View Post
Haha! you must be sleepwalking through life. Ever take a gander at the website called Rubmaps? Maybe you should.
I've never searched for a rubshop with a happy ending.

But if that's what you want, go for it!

Old 06-07-2019, 04:24 AM

Default Underground society in Colorado Springs frequents illicit parlors

https://www.krdo.com/news/colorado-s...ors/1084167167

"KRDO is digging deeper into the underground society that's frequenting Asian spas. It's a deeply-connected community that hides behind a screen name.

Before our series started, this group started warning other members of "Rubmaps," an online site that reviews erotic parlors, about our coverage.

We know prostitution won't stop. But does that mean brothels should be operating in our own shopping centers?"

Old 06-08-2019, 08:53 AM

19,411 posts, read 14,953,198 times
Hidden?
If it is a block outside the City limits...
If it is Asian...
If it is open after dark...
If they advertise bathing...
There are your clues.

Old 03-09-2021, 05:33 AM

As many as 34 illicit massage parlors are still operating in greater Colorado Springs

https://krdo.com/news/2021/03/03/as-...orado-springs/

"COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KRDO) -- An illegal sex industry with ties to human trafficking is still thriving in Colorado Springs nearly two years after 13 Investigates exposed the problem.

Online reviews suggest as many as 34 illicit massage parlors continue to operate in the greater Colorado Springs area as of March 2021.

City and county officials have acknowledged the troubling issue but little has happened since we told them about the 36 illicit spas operating back in 2019.

Our reporting on the issue has resulted in the Colorado Springs Police Department changing how it investigates illicit massage parlors. In December 2020, those changes resulted in the arrest of spa owner Xinan Xia.

Xia was charged with keeping a house of prostitution, pimping, and money laundering. Despite the seriousness of his charges and the fact CSPD vice investigators identified the women working inside his spas as victims, he was able to open both of the spas where he is accused of committing the crimes back up the day he bailed out of jail.

"No matter what we do, it's like the next day they have free reign to open back up. And these poor girls," nearby business owner Mark Bryant previously said.

After the two encounters with 13 Investigates, Xia closed both spas down.

Rose Spa remains closed. Xia eventually reopened Energy Day Spa on North Carefree Drive which is still advertising on the website "Skip the Games" for a cash-only massage with "young and beautiful" massage technicians.

We asked Colorado Springs City Council President Richard Skorman what kind of message that sent to the women working inside the illicit parlors.

"Yeah, it's not a good message at all and I really feel for them and that they have the ability to escape what they're being forced to do in many cases," Skorman said.

Skorman said it's been challenging to crackdown on the 34 illicit spas still operating during the pandemic. He says health risks make it tough for undercover police operations inside the spas.

The Colorado Springs city code includes a public nuisance ordinance that officials like Skorman touted they would use to stop the spas back in 2019. It allows the city to initiate the abatement process to shut down a business after two instances of pimping or prostitution. However, Mayor John Suthers' office told us in December 2020 that the ordinance has never been enforced in city history and that using it was a long complex process.

Julee Bellar with the Human Trafficking Task Force of Southern Colorado said she wants to see more done for the potential victims of human trafficking working inside the parlors.

"If we're serious about helping victims then we walk those long roads, we take all of the twists and turns and we do something about it. So for our city officials, my challenge would be to let's take it seriously, let's do something about this," Bellar said.

Bellar said solving the problem may best happen through a statewide approach.

"It has to be, in my opinion, something that covers the state. So that they don't just get to shift around and say that oh this county hasn't done yet so we'll just move there. If not everybody is working together and unified then we're not going to be able to solve this issue," Bellar said.

El Paso County District Attorney Michael Allen said he wants tackle the issue with tools in the criminal justice system.

"I think grand jury proceedings would potentially be good. We have the Colorado Organized Crime Act that we can potentially use against some of these massage parlors if we have the evidence to do that," Allen said.

Allen also said he plans to have a discussion with local law enforcement to find out if they are being as effective as possible in solving the issue.

Council President Skorman told 13 Investigates he is working on setting up a public meeting or work session on the topic in the next few weeks.

In a phone interview with 13 Investigates, Colorado Springs state Rep. Terri Carver said she is working with others to close the loopholes and shut down illicit spas. She plans to make the issue a priority in the 2022 state legislative session.

But until meaningful action or a solution comes there's little, if any, hope for the women working inside the parlors."

Old 03-09-2021, 06:16 AM

17,175 posts, read 2,439,900 times
What is your problem with massage parlors? Have a smoke, get a rub, wear a mask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs