Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 03:59 AM

7,179 posts, read 9,306,900 times

Advertisements

https://www.krdo.com/news/massage-pa...ngs/1077744033

"A KRDO special report found that there are 36 massage parlors in the city that have recent reviews specifically outlining explicit sexual acts that can be purchased inside. That's more than there are licensed brothels in the entire state of Nevada."

It looks like the world's oldest profession thrives in Colorado Springs.

Let's see how this story evolves.

Old 05-14-2019, 09:57 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
These type of spas and massage parlors are just about everywhere; anyone paying any attention knows what's going on.

It's high time we took the profit out of prostitution and legalized it so we can tax the hell out of it like we do alcohol and tobacco, and if we do that then the old phrase 'sin tax' will finally be true to its name.

Above all we need to address the humanitarian aspects and stop the trafficking of girls into criminal sexual enterprises.

Real value in legalizing it is to control the spread of sexually transmitted diseases.

Lastly, by legalizing it we can stop paying off the cops to look the other way.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-14-2019, 04:42 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,938,286 times
Yes legalize it reduce STDS reduce human trafficking no brainer.

Old 05-14-2019, 09:20 PM

3,407 posts, read 4,627,644 times
I've made a thread on the AZ forum regarding legalizing prostitution in the state and getting rid of the human trafficking aspect part and regulating the industry similar to the ATF. Maybe it's time we start getting serious about the 'oldest profession' and let two consenting adults without interference from the government. Our neighbors up in Nevada don't have a problem with it, hopefully AZ becomes the 2nd state to legalize it.

//www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...stitution.html

Old 05-15-2019, 02:00 PM

20,363 posts, read 14,636,289 times
I agree with all sentiments stated above.

Also it cracked me up to see the Facebook post by a news station that also said in the description, "Click here, to see where they are!" with a (really!?) interactive map of all of the locations.

They might as well have said, "If you want to go get serviced, here is where every location is! Also no way are the cops watching them now! What could possibly go wrong?? Go onnn...you know you wanna!"

It was pretty silly.

Old 05-15-2019, 02:16 PM

760 posts, read 882,541 times
Not surprising at all. It's pretty obvious there is something going on with most of these places.

Also, those $2.39 /scoop places are the cash laundering front for the massage parlors. All these places are owned by the same people. Wonder why those scoop places give you 2-3 scoops for the price of 1? It's because they can write off more inventory on the books, and then use the massage cash to make up the difference.

Clever really...

Old 05-15-2019, 02:51 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,938,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I agree with all sentiments stated above.

Also it cracked me up to see the Facebook post by a news station that also said in the description, "Click here, to see where they are!" with a (really!?) interactive map of all of the locations.
I'm not going to lie I checked out those sites they linked for "research purposes".

Old 05-15-2019, 04:21 PM

20,363 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Mm, kinda bugs me that most of the girls are probably trafficked against their will.

I support legal prostitution but that'd be a dealbreaker for me.

(Edit: Yes, I'm a woman, but I also like women, so. *shrug* The photos that were used in advertising were pretty women, I acknowledge that much. I just worry they might be exploited, underage, etc.)

You wanna get some in the Springs, I can tell you where to hit up a swinger party. Results are not 100% guaranteed, but your odds are pretty good. Just sayin'.

Old 05-16-2019, 07:13 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,384,986 times
I have to laugh at how KRDO makes it sound like this big revelation that they uncovered that this is going on here likes its some sort of "oh my god" moment for everyone. This has been going on here since back before we were even incorporated as a city and is not at all unique to Colo Spgs.

Old 05-16-2019, 07:27 AM

329 posts, read 1,047,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Mm, kinda bugs me that most of the girls are probably trafficked against their will.

I support legal prostitution but that'd be a dealbreaker for me.

(Edit: Yes, I'm a woman, but I also like women, so. *shrug* The photos that were used in advertising were pretty women, I acknowledge that much. I just worry they might be exploited, underage, etc.)

You wanna get some in the Springs, I can tell you where to hit up a swinger party. Results are not 100% guaranteed, but your odds are pretty good. Just sayin'.
i'd like to know where this swinger party is cuz...for research purposes also

or science.

yea, let's go with science. for science!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs