Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2019, 06:01 AM

6,823 posts, read 10,516,715 times

Advertisements

https://gazette.com/news/high-levels...AOHWLbpqr9suzo

If the north end of town turns out to be affected, maybe this will finally get more demand for a stronger resolution. Right now, it appears not a lot of people's drinking water is additionally affected by this "new" case, but they haven't determined/said how many people are on wells there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 06:22 AM

110 posts, read 77,145 times
Hmm. What's more important? Clean drinking water or rebuilding the Academy's Chapel for $158,000,000?

Old 08-23-2019, 09:08 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortWingate View Post
Hmm. What's more important? Clean drinking water or rebuilding the Academy's Chapel for $158,000,000?
Here's a hint.... My nephew was in the USAF at Scott AFB and as a medical type he used to do kidney dialysis in the clinic there. The dialysis machines were older models and needed replacement. He asked for money. It was denied. At the same time, over $1M was spent to re-pave the traffic circle in front of the passenger air terminal with red, white and blue bricks in the shape of the Air Force star.

Here's another hint.... Drinking water at the USMC base at Camp LeJeune has been contaminated for decades, for generations, but little if anything has been done.

Now you know how the USAF / USMC / DoD prioritizes things..... they don't give a damn about anyone's drinking water. Having worked 30 years for DoD and the Federal Government what I can tell you is that Uncle Sam is the biggest slumlord in town.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:55 AM

110 posts, read 77,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Here's a hint.... My nephew was in the USAF at Scott AFB and as a medical type he used to do kidney dialysis in the clinic there. The dialysis machines were older models and needed replacement. He asked for money. It was denied. At the same time, over $1M was spent to re-pave the traffic circle in front of the passenger air terminal with red, white and blue bricks in the shape of the Air Force star.

Here's another hint.... Drinking water at the USMC base at Camp LeJeune has been contaminated for decades, for generations, but little if anything has been done.

Now you know how the USAF / USMC / DoD prioritizes things..... they don't give a damn about anyone's drinking water. Having worked 30 years for DoD and the Federal Government what I can tell you is that Uncle Sam is the biggest slumlord in town.

I spent 35 years with DoD and DOE. What DoD does pales in comparison to what DOE does (or doesn't do). But hey, it's just money; they will just print more when they need it.

Old 09-07-2019, 08:19 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,054,876 times
People actually still drink tap water in 2019? I lived in many cities/states all over the nation, I've never in my life tasted a good glass of tap water, such a thing just doesn't exist. FYI, it's worth investing the money to buy a reverse osmosis water filtration system for your home.

Old 09-08-2019, 06:28 AM

7,184 posts, read 9,315,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
People actually still drink tap water in 2019? I lived in many cities/states all over the nation, I've never in my life tasted a good glass of tap water, such a thing just doesn't exist. FYI, it's worth investing the money to buy a reverse osmosis water filtration system for your home.
Colorado Springs does not use well water; instead the water is sourced from mountain streams.

"With no major water source nearby,
much of our raw water collection system
originates from nearly 200 miles away,
near Aspen, Leadville, and Breckenridge.
Almost 75 percent of our water originates
from mountain streams. Water from
these streams is collected and stored in
numerous reservoirs along the Continental
Divide. Collection systems in this area
consist of the Homestake, FryingpanArkansas, Twin Lakes, and Blue River
systems.
The majority of this raw water is delivered
to our city through pipelines that help
protect it from contamination, such as
herbicides, pesticides, heavy metals and
other chemicals. After the long journey,
water is stored locally at Rampart
Reservoir and the Catamount reservoirs
on Pikes Peak."

https://www.csu.org/CSUDocuments/wat...report2019.pdf

When I moved here from Phoenix in 1977, the first thing I noticed was the fantastic quality of the tap water.

It comes out cold and clean. I bet the city could bottle it and sell it.

Old 09-08-2019, 06:41 AM

6,823 posts, read 10,516,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post

When I moved here from Phoenix in 1977, the first thing I noticed was the fantastic quality of the tap water.

It comes out cold and clean. I bet the city could bottle it and sell it.
In truth the quality of our water, in most cases, far exceeds that of most actual bottled water you find in the stores. It is absolutely preposterous that people would not drink our local tap water but would drink water from a bottle that if they did any checking at all will discover is nothing more than municipal tap water from some other place down stream from us.

Old 09-08-2019, 12:29 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Tap water in COLO SPGS from the main utility (CSU) was the best I ever tasted and because it was mostly snowmelt it was always cold as it came out of the tap, year round. Here in the Phoenix area I actually can take a very comfortable shower (in the summer) in what passes for "cold" water here, and it tastes like cardboard to boot with total dissolved solids measuring at 485PPM with my TDS meter (less than $30 online...get one).
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs