Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 11:50 AM

224 posts, read 732,707 times

Advertisements

No one has mentioned Back East Bar and Grill. I think their pizza is decent. I didn't care for Louie's but maybe I should try it again. I liked Borriello Brothers. NYPD pizza is pretty good. I forgot about Bambinos. A lot of people like Fargos, but I don't care for it. I miss the pizza restaurants that are actually sit down places. What is it with all the order at the counter places? No one said anything about Old Chicago's either. I think their pizza is good. Local chain? I thought Panino's was pretty good. They used to be at the Borrellio Bros location at Powers and Research, but they closed. We really liked going there though?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 08:54 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
I finally went to Savelli's before you get into downtown Manitou.
Friends rave about their pizza.
I asked for thin crust, it was great ...got the 3 meat Specialty with no gr peppers...
however it was not any better than a thin crust at Ancient Mariner's!!
What a surprise (downtown bar/music place).

*Warning*...I paid $9 for a to go Eggplant sub at Savelli's...my mistake, I lived on the Eastcoast, it didn't say eggplant Parmesan....it was thin sliced cooked eggplant,
one slice of cheese, on some grilled bread!!!
No sauce...no flavor, skinny nothing inside!
Huge waste of money.
Bought a meatball sub to drop off for a recovering guy friend in OCC...I'm
afraid he may have found the same thing!...meatballs and some cheese! $9!

PS Acid Jazz 4-8 Ancient Mariner every other Sunday...this Sunday coming up.
I go bec I know guys in the band and love Acid Jazz (It's improv, but not Jazz!)
But the darn parking meters, I still resent them, on Sun.

Old 09-21-2015, 12:23 PM

60 posts, read 85,353 times
When we were in CS for vacation we had some pizza at Poor Richard's. We enjoyed it and would definitely go back. Had really good crust we thought.

Old 09-21-2015, 03:37 PM

1,455 posts, read 1,860,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious in CT View Post
Do you guys have a lot of different ethnic restaurants? Here in CT we have loads of really good Italian pizza joints all run by off-the-boat Italians. Here in CT and being so close to NY we have some of the best pizzas anywhere.....just curious if anyone here who has lived in NY or CT can vouge (spelling??) for how the pizzas compare to Colorado? I'm sure you have great pizza there too.
I dream of Pepe's and Sally's, I dream of white clam pizza - I dream of all the great little pizza places, Italian and Greek, found on just about every block of every town in CT. How I miss them.

The best place I get pizza out here at a good price, is in my own kitchen.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:40 PM

753 posts, read 1,104,823 times
Heh, I dream of Pepe's white clam pizza, too! The uneven hand-shaped crust with charred spots, and the cheese broiled at such a high temperature that it looks fried rather than melted. Do I have to make a special trip to New Haven to get pizza like that again? :-(

Old 09-21-2015, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.frog View Post
Heh, I dream of Pepe's white clam pizza, too! The uneven hand-shaped crust with charred spots, and the cheese broiled at such a high temperature that it looks fried rather than melted. Do I have to make a special trip to New Haven to get pizza like that again? :-(
I'm afraid so .... ROAD TRIP!

I'll bring the snacks.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.frog View Post
When I can get decent clams, I make clam pizza, but of course not having an oven like theirs means I can't duplicate that crust. Next time I make one I'll torture you with a photo. I used to dig for clams in Stony Creek - Quahogs ... only good for chowder or stuffed clams, but good nonetheless.

Now lets talk about Lenny and Joes Fish Tales - the one in Madison.

Last edited by mtngigi; 09-21-2015 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: fixed mistake

Old 09-22-2015, 06:31 AM

6,824 posts, read 10,520,613 times
Clam pizza????

Old 09-22-2015, 07:11 AM

753 posts, read 1,104,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
Clam pizza????
Yup!

Frank Pepe’s White Clam Pizza # 1 in America | Pepe's Pizza –
https://www.google.com/search?q=pepe...=lnms&tbm=isch

Pepe's is so famous that people visit New Haven *just to eat the pizza*.

I don't expect to find fresh clams in Colorado.... but, ah, the crust, the garlic, the super-hot brick ovens, etc -- surely there's someplace that makes a similar style of pizza here?

Old 09-22-2015, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
Clam pizza????
You have to be there ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs