U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-29-2020, 12:56 PM
 
15,815 posts, read 28,152,585 times
Reputation: 27202

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngigi View Post
And still, there are people spouting "hoax". Sheep following their leaders. Did you all see our VP at the Mayo Clinic? Everyone but him with a face mask on.


It's disgraceful. I can't believe Mayo Clinic didn't insist. I doubt they could insist, likely there would be some financial retribution or something. For media creatures like the Trump administration, they sure are lousy with optics.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 05-08-2020 at 01:40 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-29-2020, 01:23 PM
 
17 posts, read 5,413 times
Reputation: 51
I picked up groceries from King Sooper this last Monday. From where I park, I can see the entrance. About half the folks were not wearing masks, but what surprised me it was mainly older women not wearing masks (and some men of all ages).

Yesterday, I had to visit my dentist to finish a root canal. His office, which is normally spotless anyway, had procedures in place. Patients had to wait in their vehicles until called up, had to wear a mask until seated in the dentist chair, had their temperature taken before entry, as well as use a mouthwash and hand sanitizer before entry, the staff all wore masks, the dentist and assistant wore double masks (N95 and paper masks under a face shield), and each treatment room had a HEPA filter going.

And we just had curbside pickup from a local restaurant. Again, some customers not wearing masks going in and out of the restaurant for takeout.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2020, 05:56 PM
 
1,429 posts, read 1,928,249 times
Reputation: 2006
At our neighborhood park today, the yellow tape had been removed from the playground and many children were climbing on everything while parents watched. Even though the sign in front says closed by public health order. It's confusing to me why so many refuse to comply...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2020, 07:56 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
234 posts, read 298,761 times
Reputation: 477
Took an 18 mile bicycle ride today through the residential neighborhoods of Briargate, Cordera and Wolf Ranch, fully buttoned up with face mask, gloves...the works. During the ride, I counted 187 people walking, running and doing yard work. Of all those people, exactly two were wearing face coverings.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2020, 08:20 PM
 
4,536 posts, read 2,536,769 times
Reputation: 5249
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYoSpin View Post
Took an 18 mile bicycle ride today through the residential neighborhoods of Briargate, Cordera and Wolf Ranch, fully buttoned up with face mask, gloves...the works. During the ride, I counted 187 people walking, running and doing yard work. Of all those people, exactly two were wearing face coverings.
Probably because there's no reason to wear a face mask while doing those things.

If you're getting close to people who aren't in your household, sure. Riding a bike or running down the street or doing yard work in your own yard? No.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2020, 09:17 PM
 
691 posts, read 850,601 times
Reputation: 1167
I agree no face covering is needed when doing work in your own yard! But bike riding or running.... depends on where you're doing it. I've felt awfully uncomfortable when out for a walk in Bear Creek Park or CCL open space when I've had a cyclist puffing up the trail behind me with no mask, or when meeting a panting runner coming the other way on the trail.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2020, 09:48 PM
 
6,042 posts, read 8,230,808 times
Reputation: 6472
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.frog View Post
I agree no face covering is needed when doing work in your own yard! But bike riding or running.... depends on where you're doing it. I've felt awfully uncomfortable when out for a walk in Bear Creek Park or CCL open space when I've had a cyclist puffing up the trail behind me with no mask, or when meeting a panting runner coming the other way on the trail.
Right. I don't think people should have to wear one in their own yards. But if you're going out of your yard you should bring one. I get that it is uncomfortable especially if you're working out hard, but I think you should have it and if you see people, put it on at least until you are well clear of them - at least do that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2020, 04:20 AM
 
2,651 posts, read 1,513,551 times
Reputation: 3102
Quote:
Originally Posted by orngkat View Post
At our neighborhood park today, the yellow tape had been removed from the playground and many children were climbing on everything while parents watched. Even though the sign in front says closed by public health order. It's confusing to me why so many refuse to comply...
Not only confusing, but scary and disgusting. I live on a street, that is sort of a gateway, to a lot of trails. Hardly anyone wearing masks. Since masks, are one of our biggest defenses against an enemy we can't see, why not wear the masks?

Young kids, their parents all of them, no one with masks. Since this horrific virus can be spread by people that don't know they have the thing, where is common sense? I was afraid of this. Seems like more people wore the masks, before we went to this safer deal?

Such a simple act, to put on a mask, we could be saving lives. I guess it is proven. South Korea, for one place. It's not like we are being asked to carry a load of rocks on our backs.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2020, 04:28 AM
 
2,651 posts, read 1,513,551 times
Reputation: 3102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
Probably because there's no reason to wear a face mask while doing those things.

If you're getting close to people who aren't in your household, sure. Riding a bike or running down the street or doing yard work in your own yard? No.
Really? You don't think running or riding a bike is any reason to wear a mask? Sweating and puffing along?

There are people that are carriers of this horrible virus, that don't even know they are carriers.

Like Nike says, "just do it." Like our governor says, "when you go out in public, wear a mask."

It's a barrier against this unseen enemy. This will be over, one day. Why can't we just do this small thing?????
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2020, 11:09 AM
 
4,536 posts, read 2,536,769 times
Reputation: 5249
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Really? You don't think running or riding a bike is any reason to wear a mask? Sweating and puffing along?

There are people that are carriers of this horrible virus, that don't even know they are carriers.

Like Nike says, "just do it." Like our governor says, "when you go out in public, wear a mask."

It's a barrier against this unseen enemy. This will be over, one day. Why can't we just do this small thing?????
You can smack your forehead like I'm an idiot all you want, but if you are ten feet away from a person outdoors as you pass them on a bike or running (or even crazier, in your own yard doing work), you aren't transmitting the virus.


I'm 100% in favor of wearing a mask at the store, when standing in line somewhere, etc. But this is orders and orders of magnitude less likely to transmit it than those scenarios are.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top