Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2020, 07:06 AM

7,123 posts, read 9,193,455 times

Advertisements

A note to Gazette readers: As the impact of the coronavirus on Colorado grows, The Gazette is committed to providing the most complete coverage possible as a public service to our readers. There is nothing more important for the health and safety of our region than trusted information. For that reason, Gazette.com will provide free access to COVID-19 coverage for an extended period of time. You can count on the largest newsroom in Colorado to keep you up to date on all the latest developments in the pandemic.

Click here to sign up for our daily coronavirus newsletter. If you're not already a full Gazette subscriber, click here for options.

https://gazette.com/news/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2020, 08:45 AM

278 posts, read 446,289 times
Default COVID-19 General Thread for Colorado Springs

Took a 13 mile bike ride yesterday, 24 March, through north Briargate, Cordera and Wolf Range neighborhoods. On a normal 90 minute ride like this, I would encounter 15 to 20 people walking or riding bikes. On this ride, my first since the COVID-19 stay-at-home restrictions started, I saw a total of 184 walkers and cyclist.

Old 03-25-2020, 08:48 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,913,828 times
I've noticed an uptick in walkers and hikers as well. I also read with less people driving air quality around the world is up.

Old 03-25-2020, 10:17 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,179,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
I've noticed an uptick in walkers and hikers as well. I also read with less people driving air quality around the world is up.
That is actually a bit of GOOD news that we need to see from this pandemic. Keep that good news coming!

When I went to Longmont last weekend it was like the old days (70's-80's) in CO. when the State was really awesome. Only took me under hour and a half to get there- that is like the old days when I-25 thru Denver had 3/4 fewer lanes in each direction. it usually can take 2-3 hours if there are accidents, 4 hours is sometimes typical if it is snowing.

No weekend traffic backups thru downtown either- that is also a rare thing to see in CO. now.

The Gap was also a breeze both ways- I guess we can enjoy this while it lasts.

Old 03-25-2020, 03:53 PM

688 posts, read 1,094,683 times
Was just out for a walk and a bunch of cyclists from Team USA were on training runs through OCC, nice to see.

Old 03-25-2020, 06:50 PM

6,801 posts, read 10,429,567 times
So now that we are on a stay-at-home order, has anyone seen a direct answer to the question about if we can still go for a neighborhood walk/bike ride? I know some places that have issued such orders have allowed it. If you see something and can link the source, thanks in advance!

Old 03-25-2020, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
So now that we are on a stay-at-home order, has anyone seen a direct answer to the question about if we can still go for a neighborhood walk/bike ride? I know some places that have issued such orders have allowed it. If you see something and can link the source, thanks in advance!

I think this is what you're looking for: "According to the order, residents can leave their home to:
  • Obtain food and other household necessities for themselves and their family or household members.
  • Deliver those services or supplies to others, such as, food, pet supply, other household consumer products, and products or equipment necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation, and critical operation of a residence.
  • To engage in outdoor activity, such as, walking, hiking, nordic skiing, snowshoeing, biking or running. For purposes of outdoor activity, state parks will remain open to the public to engage in walking, hiking, biking, running, and similar outdoor activities but all playgrounds, picnic areas, other similar areas conducive to public gathering, and attended areas shall be closed.
  • To perform work for critical industries.
  • To care for a family member, a vulnerable person, or pet in another household, or to care for livestock kept at a location other than an individual's home.
  • To seek medical care"
Here's a link to the complete article and Governor Polis' order: https://www.cpr.org/2020/03/25/color...fficial-order/

Old 03-26-2020, 08:40 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,179,179 times
Default Looks like we are ALL "essential"

Driving down Powers this am still the same amount of traffic as the last few weeks- probably due to the Ft. Carson/Peterson/Schriever AFB folks (?)

Where I work we sell mobility parts for wheelchairs, scooters etc... (Monster Scooter Parts) so we are exempt and have an "official" letter from the State saying so.

Still curious if ALL of the people were actually "essential".

Old 03-26-2020, 08:47 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,913,828 times
People can still go out and run errands and the state parks are still open we aren't totally locked down. Also it is likely you saw lots of military traffic.

Old 03-26-2020, 10:14 AM

Default Report from the field - COVID-19 effect

March 26, 8:05am, Costco on Powers, 1st day of Governor's lock-down order, attempting to take advantage of Costco's new Tuesday & Thursday 8-9am shopping for seniors 60 plus:

The parking lot is completely full, dozens of cars in the aisles looking for a place to park. Way too crowded. Did not go inside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs