Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 07:49 AM

6,821 posts, read 10,510,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
But here's the thing about the last election, it was a chance for the state to limit TABOR. I was hoping Denver and Boulder would throw enough weight behind the vote to push it over the top of repeal, but in the final count, they didn't. Denver has only opted to limit it within their city/county. I haven't looked closely at the results from that election, but I believe Douglas County is trying to give El Paso County a run for spiteful conservatism. While it originated in COS, TABOR is a statewide problem, but there are enough anti-government types out there that keep allowing it to stay in place every time an effort to limit or repeal it comes up.
I would put Weld County way up there as probably the most conservative county in the state....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2020, 09:56 AM

58 posts, read 87,222 times
This is all good feedback. On TABOR, perhaps a new post put on the sticky COS thread would be helpful for anyone researching. What it is, how long its been in place, the impact it has on the city, etc.

I still have COS on my short-list. Mainly because we have family, very good friends, an inherited house to live in and I love to hike. Thanks for the inputs!

Old 06-02-2020, 10:03 AM

708 posts, read 1,295,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
Please don't move here. It's too expensive and we have way too much traffic.
This comment is exactly why you shouldn't move

Old 06-02-2020, 03:15 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,384,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by issaquahhiker View Post
This is all good feedback. On TABOR, perhaps a new post put on the sticky COS thread would be helpful for anyone researching. What it is, how long its been in place, the impact it has on the city, etc.

I still have COS on my short-list. Mainly because we have family, very good friends, an inherited house to live in and I love to hike. Thanks for the inputs!
Except TABOR is a statewide issue. It impacts everyone within CO. Its just that the felon who originated the amendment lives in Colo Spgs and thus, we regularly get associated with it despite the fact the state voted it in and the state fails to vote it out.

Old 06-05-2020, 05:05 PM

1,453 posts, read 1,857,008 times
But how many people who move here actually know anything about Tabor and our history with Bruce the slumlord? I would think not many, and they wouldn't be aware of it until they started noticing (and questioning) all the work that needs to be done with our infrastructure.

Of course the people who ask the right questions in the forums usually hear about Tabor.

Old 06-07-2020, 05:50 PM

5,827 posts, read 4,162,578 times
Tabor is probably not a significant enough issue to play a role in whether or not someone moves here. I dislike Tabor as much as the next guy, but I can't imagine it tipping the scales one way or the other.

Old 06-08-2020, 10:10 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,397,832 times
I will say it again...I hate the wind here!! Praying I don't lose another tree tonight.

Old 06-09-2020, 10:22 AM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orngkat View Post
I will say it again...I hate the wind here!! Praying I don't lose another tree tonight.
I used to pray that a forest fire and wind weren't hitting at the same time.

The wind is relatively relentless in COS, and I hated it with a passion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs