Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2020, 11:45 PM

1 posts, read 286 times

Advertisements

I have run a home daycare for 10 years in the Bay Area. But I’m tired of the traffic and overcrowded environment. I want to find a place to relocate where I will do well as a newcomer in childcare (I am deciding on whether to open a center or continue the operation of a home daycare), but I’d also like to find a place where I can wake up every morning to a view of mountains and possibly a lake. I visited both Colorado and Wyoming. Not only did I find the location absolutely stunning but the people were down-to-earth and very friendly. That’s very important to me.

I recently visited Colorado on the hopes of finding a place I’d like to relocate to in Boulder. But, to my disappointment, it was mostly flat with a far-off view of the mountains. So, instead, I scouted cities in the area with at least 50,000 people and a view of the red-colored mountains that I find so beautiful there. I really liked Castle Rock (although it didn’t have any mountains - which was a disappointment, I enjoyed the hills). I also liked Colorado Springs, but the population is so large, I couldn’t help but wonder if I would be leaving the over-crowed Bay Area, only to arrive in a similar situation...

There is always Wyoming.. but the cost of real estate in Jackson Hole made me think twice..

Can anyone offer any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2020, 10:17 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,390,777 times
Colo Spgs, Boulder, Jackson Hole? Not much commonality there except they are all in the Mountain West. Morning views of the mountains with a lake are in very short supply in all three places. Just mountain views are not as hard to come by, but it seems like you have something very specific in mind if Boulder and Castle Rock views were disappointing.

Colo Spgs is in no way comparable to the Bay area, population wise or in nearly any other way. Colo Spgs is around 480k with the metro area in its entirety only at 680k. The Bay area is over 7.5 million and a global leader in technology.

Have you looked in the variety of rules and costs for operating the daycare in the two models you have available to you? I'm sure there is a range of requirements in any of the locales you are considering. You also want to consider the social, political, and economic range of wherever you are considering and how that best meshes with your business model. Yes, I know daycare is needed almost everywhere, but I'm sure you have a target demographic you want to serve. Where is that found?

If you want smaller communities, then you may need to avoid Colo Spgs and concentrate on Manitou, Fountain, or Monument areas, although the views in each of them can vary quite a bit. Honestly, to advise if Colo Spgs would be a good fit for you, we would need to know a lot more about your requirements than just views of the mountains and friendly locals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs