Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 12:17 AM

41 posts, read 194,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Yet another reason HOA's SUCK. Try telling me that I can't put in a window unit. See how far that gets you.
I asked the real estate agent about the lack of A/C in houses I've looked at in the Peyton/Falcon area, and he said you don't need it! Cools down nicely at nite at the higher altitudes out east of the Springs.
HOAs do suck-been there, done that, no thank you. Never again will I live like that. Nobody's going to tell me what color to paint my house, or when to mow my lawn,or squawk about my collection of cars, trucks or plane parts. I'm going to live where there's nobody BUGGIN' ME. Look out Peyton.....Ellicott......Falcon.....Calhan.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 07:34 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
No HOAs here:

(images not protected by copyright)

http://oscardrive.com/backyard/DSC02044.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-07-2008, 09:52 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,936,800 times
Talk about propaganda!

The first photo is obviously of a house after a tropical storm or hurricane. Other than the roof damage (that is tarped), just looks like yard clean up necessary after a storm. The lawn is obviously well cared for.

The second photo looks like trash lined up during a move. It doesn't look like it's sat there long.

The third house is painted obnoxiously, but obviously well cared for as well.

I see your point with the 4rth photo and possibly the sixth, but the fifth?

I am soooo glad I don't live next door to you.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:19 PM

41 posts, read 194,296 times
Your right to tell me what to do with my property ends at the property line. I've had enough of HOAs and 2-bit petty tyrants trying to tell everyone how to live their lives. If you want to paint your house pink with purple trim, I'll grab a brush and help you! That's YOUR HOUSE! If I want to have a lawn of Dichondra that you can't walk on that's my deal. Don't try to force your idea of aesthetics on me by using an HOA as a proxy. I see enough of that here. That's why I'm moving to where I'm moving!

Old 07-07-2008, 03:40 PM

7,179 posts, read 9,306,900 times
Good thing we have choices.

Some people love HOAs because the rules force conformity to a standard. I have a friend who lives in one. He said the HOA inspects the decks in the units and demands the owners replace them if they are not rotting. That's way too intrusive for me.

Others like complete freedom.

it's your choice!

Old 07-07-2008, 03:46 PM

118 posts, read 444,864 times
you need A/C they are full of it I live in the springs and it does get hot here. not bad but you will want air at night when you sleep. i lived in florida and i get hot at night upstairs so that should tell ya that yes it does get hot here

Old 07-07-2008, 04:34 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,373,749 times
I love the Orange and Blue house!! Way to show that Broncos Pride!!

Oh and what's wrong with the picture with the RV in the driveway? So their ditch looks newly constructed. Just needs a little cleaning up.

I agree 100% with Gregabob. You have no right to tell me what color to paint my house, or tell me what kind of shrubs I can use.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:11 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,913,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity Florida View Post
you need A/C they are full of it I live in the springs and it does get hot here. not bad but you will want air at night when you sleep. i lived in florida and i get hot at night upstairs so that should tell ya that yes it does get hot here
I've never had AC except in the townhouse I lived in in the Denver Metro area. I am going to be 40 next month - 40 years with only two and a half years of AC...go figure.

hmmm, imagine what it was like 100 years ago before we had all these modern conveniences. Seriously, I whine about the heat but today is a perfect example as to why it's not needed here. I can open the windows and doors at night and get the temp down...tonight is not one of those nights.

heating on the other hand is needed, but that's kind of a duh. Heck sometimes during weird summer days my heater kicks in. I have it set to 65° and yes, sometimes during the summer it does come on.

AC is nice but it's a waste. A swamp cooler is good enough for the majority of the hot days if you know how it works.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:32 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,373,749 times
I just have fans, that's all i've ever needed. It cools off very quicly after the sun goes down. I'ts a big change compared to Ohio where i'm from.

Nights there are unbearable.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:41 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity Florida View Post
yea we have always had central air. i cant imagine not having it.
You were most blessed. I had the honor of reaching adult hood before ac came along. Yep, in FL. Even the schools didn't have it. Just good old open windows. Didn't have it in MI. At first not in MO. But then along came a real heat wave and I bought AC to keep from becoming a widower. When I visited my son in Colorado Springs in June he had no AC. Ask him why. "Didn't need it." He may have it now, I don't know. By now the Houston blood in him may be gone. It just cooled so quickly in the evenings it was very pleasant every night we were there. I am anxious to spend a whole summer there. I really believe it's all in what our individual bodies get used to. I know when I work in AC during the day, I really want it at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs