Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 09:17 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,376,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWilson68 View Post
Try Geeks Who Drink pub quiz ... that's where all the smart, fun singles hang out
what now? I've never heard of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 09:19 PM

16 posts, read 67,308 times
Geeks Who Drink Blog

It's Mondays at Jack Quinn's and Wednesdays at McCabes

Old 08-19-2008, 06:56 AM

WOw, that looks like alot of.........ugh, I hate having my picture taken.

No thanks. I don't want to work while getting drunk. I prefer to just hide in the corner and not be seen.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:43 AM

1,331 posts, read 5,083,276 times
That could possibly help out bars that need more business. I think it is a great concept!! I'm gonna go to one!

Old 08-19-2008, 02:51 PM

16 posts, read 67,308 times
It is really a blast. You don't have to be a "real" geek to go. Actually, if you were a real geek you'd probably be stuck at home on your computer instead of socializing at a bar

Old 08-20-2008, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWilson68 View Post
It is really a blast. You don't have to be a "real" geek to go. Actually, if you were a real geek you'd probably be stuck at home on your computer instead of socializing at a bar
Oh no no, i'm even worse than that. I bring my computer to the bar!

Old 04-06-2009, 11:03 PM

68 posts, read 129,724 times
Default Anyone else out there notice this too?

Just wondering if I am the only one out there that views and / or sees the Springs as a place that is primarily geared towards families and not single people like myself. Everytime that I go to Wal-Mart of the Mall at Chapel Hills you see a disproportionate amount of young mothers and families with very young childred and / or babies. I have lived here for almost three years now and it seems like there is nothing for singles here in terms of dating and just having fun and relaxing in general. Sure you can go down to Tejon street, but in all reality any "single" woman that you might meet there is probably some soldier's wife that is cheating. I have made up my mind that I am either moving to Fort Collins or Boulder where I am sure that there are a heck of alot more single gals then here in this place. Also, just so everyone knows, I spent five years in the Marine Corps so I know what its like to live as a single person in a military town and it s**ks to tell the truth. I was just wondering if anyone on here might have had some experience with either of the aforementioned towns and if they are good for single guys like myself in terms of finding eligible people.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:31 AM

6,824 posts, read 10,520,613 times
Well, the two towns you mentioned are college towns, so yes, there will be a lot of college-age singles in them. The two are also very different in many ways, so make sure you know what you are looking for.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:20 AM

641 posts, read 2,276,853 times
I'm a "career" bachelor myself.....also ex-military. The dating scene might be somewhat lacking here as opposed to Denver or elsewhere, but I can tell you first hand.....the online dating thing is alive and well.

Try one of the popular online dating sites, heck try a couple of em, and you'll find hundreds of gals in our area, just looking to date......that's what I do and it gets me out of the house pretty regular.

I'd consider that, if you haven't already, before I'd consider moving just for the dating scene. Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:20 AM

310 posts, read 1,246,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric81 View Post
Just wondering if I am the only one out there that views and / or sees the Springs as a place that is primarily geared towards families and not single people like myself. Everytime that I go to Wal-Mart of the Mall at Chapel Hills you see a disproportionate amount of young mothers and families with very young childred and / or babies. I have lived here for almost three years now and it seems like there is nothing for singles here in terms of dating and just having fun and relaxing in general. Sure you can go down to Tejon street, but in all reality any "single" woman that you might meet there is probably some soldier's wife that is cheating. I have made up my mind that I am either moving to Fort Collins or Boulder where I am sure that there are a heck of alot more single gals then here in this place. Also, just so everyone knows, I spent five years in the Marine Corps so I know what its like to live as a single person in a military town and it s**ks to tell the truth. I was just wondering if anyone on here might have had some experience with either of the aforementioned towns and if they are good for single guys like myself in terms of finding eligible people.
Listen, I moved from Albuquerque to here and I can tell you there was way better action for singles in Abq. And that's just Albuquerque! It is not know for that, so if the Springs is way worse, it must really suck!

Go to Denver! Denver has a thousand times more action! Fort Collins and Boulder are great, but they are small! Go to the big city for tons of fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs