Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2007, 04:53 PM

2 posts, read 9,766 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are moving to Colorado Springs as soon as our house in IL sells, but we're not sure where in CS to go (central, north, west, etc...). A little about us and what we're looking for:
*We're both 27 years old
*Two daughters, 2 yrs and the other 7mnths
*I'm looking for a job, but planning on really looking and getting one when we get out there.
*Going to rent for a little while so we can really learn the area before we buy.
*We live so far from everything now, so we'd love to find an apartment where we can walk to pretty much everything.
*Parks are a must for the kids.
*Low crime and family friendly.
*Lots of family activities is a must!

If anyone has any suggestions on where in CS we should look, we'd really appreciate it. Or if you have any suggestions for our move, that'd be great too.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2007, 12:03 PM

648 posts, read 2,939,839 times
Hey there-

Well, in Colorado Springs... I wouldn't say you can walk everywhere. Alot depends on what you guys like to do. Also, you can probably find a house to rent for the same price as an apartment, depending on your price range. Which will also factor in what area you will live in. What career field are you in? How many bedrooms are you look for? Do you have any pets? We would love to help you, just need a few more answers... bashep

Old 01-12-2007, 01:23 AM

1,312 posts, read 7,913,962 times
Walking? Hehehe. Not a good posibility around here. I think we must have the worst public transportation but then again we are a big city that is mostly suburbs.

Anyhow, I would look in the Briargate area. Good schools (District 20), good neighborhoods if you like suburbanization, good parks and decent people.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:16 AM

2 posts, read 9,766 times
I guess I left out some important info, huh? Well, we're looking for at least 3 bedrooms, one bath is fine, living room, dining room...the typical stuff. We're open to renting either a house or an apartment, but no more than $900 a month with some utilities preferably. I know we won't be able to walk everywhere, but we'd at least like to be within a few miles of a grocery store, pharmacy, etc... We have to budget 1/2 hour commutes when we run our errands where we live now...so a 5 minute drive would be heaven. As far as my line of work goes, I'm in law enforcement, but looking for a total change. I used to work retail and believe it or not, I loved it. I'd like to check into REI; what's the market like for that place?

We like to do simple things like go for walks, ride our bikes, go out for ice-cream and coffee, go out to dinner every now and then, take the kids to the park or museums or zoo. We're not into big theme parks or large sporting events...more outdoorsy stuff that's cheap and fun. We don't have any pets and don't plan on getting any either.

I hope this helps...

Thanks for the questions, let me know if you have any more. This is a big help.

Old 01-15-2007, 11:27 AM

53 posts, read 451,631 times
Default Rent a house, not an apartment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashep View Post
Also, you can probably find a house to rent for the same price as an apartment, depending on your price range.
That being said, Briargate has some great apartments with access to the Briargate trails system. You could do well there. I had some friends who lived in an apartment up there for a couple of years and really loved it.

Most neighborhoods in Colorado Springs have neighborhood parks, so you should be able to get to a park without too much trouble.

I just did a quick search and found 114 rental properties that met your criteria. I would look for something in the East or Briargate areas. I found 12 that were listed there right now that met your criteria. Some houses, some townhomes, some duplexes.

You should not have trouble reaching stores with any of those criteria.

Don't know if they are hiring at REI, but there is a new Dicks Sporting Goods going into the Chapel Hills Mall (which is on the north side).

Old 06-28-2007, 05:56 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,936,800 times
"one bath is fine,"

This part caught my eye and gave me a chuckle... obviously, neither of your children were potty training at the time you wrote that.

Two daughters, one bathroom... you slay me!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
View detailed profiles of: