Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2007, 11:59 AM

20 posts, read 113,324 times

Advertisements

I am trying to get an idea what the cost per foot for new construction on a custom built home would be in the Black Forest area. House size approximately 4000 sq ft.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2007, 12:19 PM

673 posts, read 4,068,929 times
Depends on what your idea of custom is and what amount of acres you want in Black Forest. The population density is very low and the town is spread out over such a large area.

Southern Black Forest towards Colorado Springs you would have higher land costs, but in the North-East part of Black Forest you would have much lower land costs. Black Forest is a town where land cost difference between one area and another is very high depending on mountain views and proximity to Colorado Springs retail.

I would say you can anticipate about the same price per square-footage as you would in Erie, PA if you were in NE Black Forest, but it would be much higher bordering Colorado Springs to the SE.

I am sure you could contact one of the home-builders for this area and ask them what the construction costs would be and then call the City of Black Forest and ask about how much an acre of land goes for in the part of town you want to build you could find a more precise awnswer.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:13 PM

137 posts, read 774,333 times
I'ts possible to get it done for $100/SF, depending on the land. That would be for 4,000 total SF- 2,000 main level and 2,000 basement. If you get something with a little nicer lot you will need to tack on $100,000+, and if you want some nice finish options you'll need to tack on another $100,000+. Obviously that is very rounded off- but at least will give you an idea. The average custom home of that size in this area (I'm in Black Forest) is going to run about $600,000. If you decide to build in a place like Cathedral Pines you can pay that much for just the lot...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs