Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2008, 07:47 AM

2 posts, read 5,995 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody,
We live in the Panhandle of Florida and have been seriously contemplating a move to C.O., for several years (we use to live in Denver and Santa Fe and love the area). The poverty, crime, and hurricanes in the Pensacola area here are just the worst, and we have had our fill of them.

Our issues: My husband is an acupuncturist and would like to start a clinic in C.O. We are just not sure about the economics of the area. We don't want to use all our savings to move and then find out that there is not much of a need for another acupuncturist there.

Can anyone give me advice on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 12:28 AM

1,312 posts, read 7,917,397 times
You may want to get a hold of an acupuncture clinic - or more to find out the demand. I know some people swear by the practice but I can't honestly tell you of one clinic I am aware of.

You may have more luck establishing work in acupucture up in Denver. I can't say that for sure but it would seem that Denver metro would have more of a demand...but I could be very wrong.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:46 AM

73 posts, read 187,140 times
We also are looking in CO and are in Fl, Tampa area. We could use you in Tampa! We were in CS in March and from what I saw and formerly being in Southern CA where I used these services, I think it would be an asset. The web is a great research tool and so is a good realtor in the area. Good Luck.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:07 PM

8 posts, read 16,096 times
There are a lot of opportunities in the east of the Springs, like the Falcon area (where I live). It's a drive to get into town, so we really look forward to any new business setting up shop. I've seen a dental clinic, eye doctor, and a chiropractor pop up in the past year and with the nearest competition 20 minutes away, I am more likely to go some place close. Just a thought. You could call other medical clinics in Falcon, and see how they are doing.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:57 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
If you care to play with Mapquest.com you can get a map of Colorado Springs and search on acupuncture to find "what's nearby" which can show you if there are a lot or a few of these services available.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:25 PM

648 posts, read 2,940,938 times
Yeah, you might want to start working for a clinic here and then spread your wings to your own. I guess it depends on how much $$ you have to live off while you start your own business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs