Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 11:52 AM

17 posts, read 55,729 times

Advertisements

For anyone who is interested:

Meth Lab Seizures from 2001 - 2009:
City of Colorado Springs - Meth Lab Seizures (Maps & Data)

There is also an alpha listing of the Meth lab seizures from 2001-2008:
City of Colorado Springs - Meth Lab Seizures - Alphabetical Address Listing (no map)

Hope this helps some who are looking for homes. I know it will help me when we move to COS this December!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 03:33 AM

1 posts, read 4,859 times
Default Meth lab not on colorado springs list raided 4 times in 5 years then rented to me and others finally Police told me

Just to let you guys know 8 years ago I rented a house 2903 Main Street in Colorado Springs - I had to clean the pigsty myself, I was already physically disabled moving in so when I became Ill, I just attributed it to residual effects of my injuries - FOR 5 YEARS THE CREEP THAT RENTED IT TO ME PRETENDED TO BE A friend / self made Man / House painter / psychologist / fellow musician / etc..

Never telling me what had really happened in that House and watched as I became more Ill -

3 years ago the police came to my door and told me that they had just taken over jurisdiction of the area again and said and I quote "oh my god you can't live here, you'll die" then explained that this house (roswell area) had been a full scale meth lab which was raided 4 times in 5 years and that every time they raided it, the owner S.M. re-rented it to the methmakers who didn't go to jail and they would start up operations again.

This guy S.M. refers periodically to Jesus this and Jesus that - BS - he is a Criminal.

A couple of his other houses or apartments are on the LIST, how they missed this one ? he has alot of friends and pays people off, that's how.

Here's a BIG WARNING PEOPLE - if you EVER walk onto a property that has pennies or copper scattered all over the yard (lots of it) Run as fast as you can - I know now that that is what "cookers" use in some stage of their making this nasty poison..

I even had a burn pit in the back yard and the neighbors said NOTHING.

For people like you and your friends S.M. - as you have sown, so shall you reap.

S.M. if you or your friends are reading this, know that I pray for Justice to be delt you - NEVER EVER HARRASS or try to INTIMIDATE ME AGIAN - You made me very sick and I will HATE YOU FOREVER -

I HOPE YOU BURN IN HELL - AND YOU STOLED MY $500.00 DEPOSIT - BIG MAN - YOU ARE NOTHING -

SO YOU RE RENTED IT - THIS IS ON YOUR SOUL -

Old 03-25-2011, 08:43 PM

71 posts, read 193,612 times
If I am reading the map correctly, the bulk of the meth houses are in and around the Cheyenne Mountain area of town. Am I correct?

Old 09-19-2011, 07:10 PM

251 posts, read 571,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinitylove View Post
wow. it's so sad that this is something we have to consider when house-hunting.
thanks for the info
so, we haven't moved out there yet, but were discussing this the other day. Why does Colorado Springs seem to have such a high concentration of meth labs/busts/users?

Seattle has a bigger population and there is not nearly as many meth issues.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:42 PM

74 posts, read 200,388 times
This is a really important issue to our family. Where we live now, rural west TX, meth has become a substantial problem. We are i nthe safest part of town, but the "meth-people" share the wal-mart, grocery stores, etc with us and it is a major discomfort for me. I'd be interested in locals opinions on the perceived meth problem, or lack thereof, in COS.

Old 09-21-2011, 07:05 AM

1,539 posts, read 2,303,445 times
"Local view" on the meth problem. Well, I've been here just over 2 years, so not exactly local. But I live in the NE Powers area, just south of Briargate and I've never, ever had the slightest concern. This part of town is a safe, family-friendly area; our neighborhoods are filled with kids outside playing. Suburbia to the max. I've lived all over the country and believe me, COS is one of the most sterile places I've lived. Are there bad neighborhoods with drug issues? I'd assume so with a city this size. I think the general consensus is the problem areas tend to be south of COS. But compared to bad neighborhoods I've been to on the east coast, and heck, even some midwest towns, the COS ghettos are super mild. Any mid-large city will have its share of problems; poverty, drugs, crime but it by no means defines the city as a whole. Its a beautiful area with mostly nice people. Fear not, you can shop at Wal-Mart without worry

Old 09-21-2011, 07:44 PM

6,814 posts, read 10,510,104 times
Chiming in like cjmeck - I've lived here my whole 37 years and never actually seen the meth problem, although I know it is here.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:21 PM

454 posts, read 1,224,504 times
The thing to remember is Meth doesn't have a zip code, it is everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs