Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2008, 02:16 AM

4 posts, read 15,912 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm new to this forum but quite familiar with the Fountain, Security and Widefield areas near Colorado Springs. I live in the neighborhood called Country Crossing at the Pointe, located at the northern end of the Fountain, Colorado city limits.

I had never crossed the Mississippi River, until relocating to the Colorado Springs area in 1997. So, I can relate to many of your questions and wanting to relocate to Colorado.

A few months ago, I created a neighborhood website for several reasons, one being to help prepare our community for the influx of 15,000 soldiers moving to Fort Carson next summer. So, hint, hint: Housing inventory is fantastic right now, but I'm not sure about this time next year. Apartment complexs, bridges and road improvements are being built in several nearby locations.

If I can help somehow, let me know, and feel free to ask my neighbors what you need to know. Visit Country Crossing Community in Fountain, Colorado at Community Cliff Notes: News It's a free, public service.

And for what it is worth and in my humble opinion, those living in the north end of "the Springs" can keep it, lol. I love, LOVE, living "down here!"

-fireroze
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 04:57 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireroze View Post
...those living in the north end of "the Springs" can keep it..
It's not so bad in the northern Springs. Lots of real Americans up there too, Joycia.

BTW I liked your childhood photos on your YouTube video.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:43 AM

252 posts, read 925,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireroze View Post

and for what it is worth and in my humble opinion, those living in the north end of "the springs" can keep it, lol. I love, love, living "down here!"

-fireroze

amen !!!

Old 09-25-2008, 11:29 AM

4 posts, read 15,912 times
Hi Charles, oh, don't get me wrong, I like visiting the northern end. In fact, most of my friends live up that way, so I get to visit often. But, I just prefer living further south and visiting the north

and thanks for the kind words!

Old 09-26-2008, 08:49 AM

252 posts, read 925,843 times
The north end of town is very pretty and manicured. I'm just an old country girl who prefers warmth to pretty. Don't get me wrong, I'm not disrespecting the folks up north. I'm sure there's some real down to earth folks up there. But the southern most/far southeast end of the city and the west side have a whole different homey feeling compared to the structured and manicured cubicle appearance of the far north/northeast end of town.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:32 AM

17 posts, read 89,597 times
Hi - I looking into relocating from San Diego and have been getting listings for Longmont and Colorado Springs - interested as well in F Collins but one has to draw the line somewhere in terms of MLS listings (: My priorities are housing costs, culture (urban things to do) proximity to a university, good community colleges, and good schools for my 2.5 yr old and 5 yr old as they get older.
I teach online and can move anywhere there is high speed internet.
I'm coming out to look around in a few weeks...
I do like the Longmont area from what I can see - but the housing in Co Springs offers more land, sq footage for the money.
I am looking at the REO properties - as a teacher and a one income family my limit is under 200k (but really that is too much). There seems to be some very good deals for 150k in Co Springs...not in Longmont.
What do I need to know about Co Springs when looking for a house and neighborhood?
Thanks!
Jeff Prentice

Old 10-05-2008, 12:45 AM

10 posts, read 22,091 times
hey there are a lot of place all over handcock expressway! A lot of new homes being built too. Some say its ghetto but its not, trust me i lived in ghetto...so please pass on the word thanks!

Old 10-05-2008, 09:38 AM

52 posts, read 218,532 times
Check well into Longmont.

I was scared to death the short time I was there visiting a friend. Why?

Young kids running amuck everywhere with speed demons on main street racing cars, throwing bottles from the cars, and lots of noise (and this was in the middle of the week).

I felt uncomfortable and out of place (I am native CA). It was wild and the teens are out of control.

I just could not wait to get out of town.
Do some research before you move here.
Lots of homeless too. There were people living out of campers, cardboard boxes, and storage boxes in my friends backyard (she has a soft heart).

Just my perspective.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:33 PM

454 posts, read 1,224,504 times
Card Shark 2 so do you live in the Springs or just visited? All cities have some kind of homeless situation believe it or not. And your friend is helping them being homeless by giving them a place to live for free. I think the Springs is a great place to live! If you want a older home move to the Westside, Eastside is newer homes but some rough places, Northside not a whole lot of character but nice and expensive, Southside is nice mid 60's model/newer homes with alot military personnel. And all these areas have some rough areas. So I would do a search on realtor.com for what you are looking for and ask around here about the communties that you like. Fort Collins is really nice but since some magazine a few years made some good comments on it the prices have got really high and population is getting alittle crazy.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:10 PM

2 posts, read 4,982 times
am looking to relocate to the springs this spring. my step daughter wants to get into the university down there. right now we are broke and homeless. how is the day labor there for a landscaper or construction worker? also my woman specializes in hotel housekeeping. any hotel owners mind a temporary live-in cleaning lady? just grasping for straws. many other reasons on the desperation to leave the place we are in. HELP?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs