Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 02:11 PM

112 posts, read 319,611 times

Advertisements

What is everyone doing for Halloween in the Springs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 02:54 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,347,213 times
Since it's on a friday this year, i'll be getting very drunk

Old 10-02-2008, 02:59 PM

252 posts, read 923,072 times
Halloween is my very favorite holiday, but it's not like it used to be. Kids don't even go out much anymore, it a shame. I used to love to see the little ones dressed up. When my youngest son was in high school, he dressed up our dog (180 pound Rottie) with sun glasses and, a bandana and a little boys toy holster with a plastic gun. He went around the neighborhood scaring all the little kids into giving him all their candy............... After he got scolded for being mean to the little kids, I went in my room and laughed my butt off.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:42 PM

165 posts, read 436,093 times
Probably unpacking moving boxes.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Since it's on a friday this year, i'll be getting very drunk
Have a good time with that one, LOL. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxLuva View Post
Halloween is my very favorite holiday, but it's not like it used to be. Kids don't even go out much anymore, it a shame. I used to love to see the little ones dressed up. When my youngest son was in high school, he dressed up our dog (180 pound Rottie) with sun glasses and, a bandana and a little boys toy holster with a plastic gun. He went around the neighborhood scaring all the little kids into giving him all their candy............... After he got scolded for being mean to the little kids, I went in my room and laughed my butt off.
Awh, our nephew will be dressed up, but we're not sure what yet. It's his second birthday on Halloween. We're throwing him the coolest party ever, and it's so gonna top the neighbor girls' birthday party. We'll probably take him to the rich neighborhoods to go trick or treating. I'd also like to take him to Boo! at the Zoo and the Pumpkin Patch. We're going to Haunted Mines, Mind Seizure, and The Mind Labyrnth. Anyone wanna come? We have real plans besides his birthday party for actual Halloween. The GLBT youth center we go to is having a shut-in; ages 13-23, if anyone would go. It's at Inside/Out. Anyone have any good ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSimple View Post
Probably unpacking moving boxes.
I've moved on Halloween. I'm sorry. Are you coming here or leaving here?

Old 10-02-2008, 04:01 PM

It's all good. I always enjoy halloween. Myself and some friends did the full-on braveheart thing a few years ago with the fake blood and the swords and the plaid and all of that was a blast. We had about 11 guys done up like that, it was intense.
But yeah, I am moving to Manitou Springs from the Chicago area. I will be moved before the actual date of Halloween but have no plans. Manitou looks like it would be a cool place around halloween time, I think they get into it and apparently close the street and race coffins at some point this month. I think Halloween in Salem, MA would be nifty.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
It's all good. I always enjoy halloween. Myself and some friends did the full-on braveheart thing a few years ago with the fake blood and the swords and the plaid and all of that was a blast. We had about 11 guys done up like that, it was intense.
But yeah, I am moving to Manitou Springs from the Chicago area. I will be moved before the actual date of Halloween but have no plans. Manitou looks like it would be a cool place around halloween time, I think they get into it and apparently close the street and race coffins at some point this month. I think Halloween in Salem, MA would be nifty.
I think Manitou is really cool. I just moved here from California; definitely different. Salem is getting a little crazy with Halloween though; there's even a thread about it. There's a few haunted houses and all that; I have a list of everything we're doing if you're interested. ;D

Old 10-02-2008, 04:16 PM

Ya I have lived in Colorado a few times in the past. It's a cool state and Manitou seems a good place for me. I appreciate the hospitality, it's very nice of you, I'll for sure let you know.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Ya I have lived in Colorado a few times in the past. It's a cool state and Manitou seems a good place for me. I appreciate the hospitality, it's very nice of you, I'll for sure let you know.
I've only been here twice before; once just driving through and the other time I spent the night stuck in Denver, because my flight was full. It was COLD! Manitou seems like a good place for everyone. The people are so friendly out here.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:28 PM

252 posts, read 923,072 times
Quote:
Myself and some friends did the full-on braveheart thing a few years ago with the fake blood and the swords and the plaid and all of that was a blast. We had about 11 guys done up like that, it was intense.
I would have LOVED to have seen that. Did you all bend over and tell everyone to kiss your ars That would have been awesome. This year I got some bloody hand-prints made out of that gummy stuff that sticks on the windows. I looks like someone's bloody hands slidning down the windows. I got an extra set and cut out paw-prints and put those up for my dogs. That's just my kind of sick humor................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs