Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 10:52 PM

157 posts, read 655,096 times

Advertisements

Are there any furniture consignment stores in the Springs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 10:52 AM

252 posts, read 925,792 times
Yeah, they're called the Godwill or Salvation Army. They sell your donation, you get the tax break.

Sorry couldn't resist that, I'm a natural born smart azz. The only one I know about is over on the westside.

Consignment Gallery Ltd
715 W Brookside St
Colorado Springs, CO 80905
(719) 635-1746‎

Old 10-24-2008, 02:27 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsgirl View Post
Are there any furniture consignment stores in the Springs?
I had a fine outcome with the one SaxLuva metioned:
Consignment Gallery Ltd
715 W Brookside St
(719) 635-1746‎
email pix to: theconsignmentgallery@gmail.com

I tried to sell a gorgeous solid cherry rolltop desk on Craiglist for $200 and got nowhere. Sam sold it in 4 days for $400. Send a photo and describe it, if it has promise, Sam will vist and give you a pretty good idea of its worth, then he'll sign a contract to sell it for you. They will send a truck on another day to pick it up. It is sells early enough, you get 60% less a $35 fee for the pickup. REALLY two very nice folks. Do not hesitate one bit to try them.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:13 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,122,506 times
Platte Used Furniture too

Old 10-25-2008, 08:44 AM

Thank you for the info. I'm not looking for a place to sell furniture, I was actually looking for a place to buy. We'll have to check it out today. Thanks!

Old 10-25-2008, 09:24 AM

2,221 posts, read 5,286,686 times
Ross Auction Inc is another good place...they do lots of furniture, estate sales etc.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:40 AM

454 posts, read 1,224,391 times
Ross does a lot of up selling using the employees to bid on stuff. I use to go there for a fews years and got tired of being out bidded by there employees to try to get more money out of me.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:43 AM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsgirl View Post
Thank you for the info. I'm not looking for a place to sell furniture, I was actually looking for a place to buy. We'll have to check it out today. Thanks!
Let us know what you think of these places.

Google on the keywords as I know there's another one in the vicinity of I-25 and Fillmore, just can't recall the name of it.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:27 PM

Ross Auction is the only place I haven't checked out yet. I have been to just about every other furniture store between here and Pueblo and to be honest, I'm not impressed. Either everything is poor quality, very overpriced, or simply FAR out of the average consumers' price range.

I posted in another post that what we're really looking for is a King sized 4 poster or canopy bed and the matching bedroom set. We wanted something in a dark, rich color that is well made and sturdy. We were looking in the price range of $2000-$3000 and I don't think it's completely out of line to think we could find something locally in that price range but thusfar all I've found that fits what we want has been online and I'd rather avoid that if possible. To give you an idea of the "look" we had in mind, you can look at AICO furniture....now, obviously that is WELL out of our price range, but there have been lots of things online similar in look and quality that are half the price....you'd think I could find something locally, but I'm beginning to think not.

I'm headed up to Denver either some time this week or weekend and I'm going to check out a handful of places that some people suggested up there. If nothing still, then I'm going to just suck it up and buy something online...so if someone has suggestions for good online stores, feel free to drop names. Bradley Furniture online seems to have the best deals I've found so far and we're looking at the Palermo Dining room set with them but I'm undecided on which bedroom set thusfar.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:43 AM

112 posts, read 320,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I had a fine outcome with the one SaxLuva metioned:
Consignment Gallery Ltd
715 W Brookside St
(719) 635-1746‎
email pix to: theconsignmentgallery@gmail.com

I tried to sell a gorgeous solid cherry rolltop desk on Craiglist for $200 and got nowhere. Sam sold it in 4 days for $400. Send a photo and describe it, if it has promise, Sam will vist and give you a pretty good idea of its worth, then he'll sign a contract to sell it for you. They will send a truck on another day to pick it up. It is sells early enough, you get 60% less a $35 fee for the pickup. REALLY two very nice folks. Do not hesitate one bit to try them.
That's literally like three blocks from my house. Do they have nifty stuff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs