Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 12:25 PM

727 posts, read 1,366,318 times

Advertisements

You want to go someplace that's exotic (that leaves out HI and FL IMO, where you can dip your toe in the ocean, is warm, and doesn't require a passport. Only place I know that meets those conditions is the U.S. Virgin Islands (i.e., St. John, St. Thomas, St. Croix; U.S. territory; no passport required; no language issues; water is ok to drink; by and large U.S. laws apply if you get in trouble, but be careful, there was a nasty case that was finally just dismissed (google Will Clark), that will remind you that you're not in Kansas). Depending on how much you want to spend, St. John has the Caneel Bay resort (very high end and expensive, but from what I hear, is outstanding; great honeymoon location if you're willing to pay for it). At the other end of the price spectrum is the Maho Bay Camps (permanent tents, great food, cheap, but it's like renting a cabin in the woods in a national park, except with much better food; in fact, most of St. John, but not Maho Bay, is a U.S. national park). Maho Bay is definitely not what you had in mind if you're looking for an all-inclusive resort. Maho also has a other types of accommodations that are more "civilized." Maho does get their share of honeymooners, but not the types who are looking for the "Sandals" experience. If the "cabin in the woods" experience appeals to you, check out Maho's various accommodations on line. My wife and I have been there a couple of times and will be going again this winter. St. John has some of the absolutely most beautiful beaches in the world and some great hiking, scuba and snorkeling. St. Thomas is where the shopping is, as well as other resorts (haven't been to them, so I can't recommend them, but easy to check out on-line). Don't know that much about St. Croix, but I know it's quieter and less crowded than St. Thomas (especially when the cruise ships are in port in St. Thomas). As another poster suggested, you might try renting a condo or villa on any of the islands (if you do, rent a car, but be aware, you'll be driving a left hand drive car, as in the U.S., but on the left hand side of the road, as in England; takes a little getting used to, but it's not bad).

Another option, of course, is to go on a cruise. Many honeymooners, hard to go wrong, if a floating resort is what you're looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 04:51 PM

258 posts, read 540,907 times
Is CS closer to where you live now? Is it a money issue?

The honeymoon is the woman's choice. peroiod.

All I can say is your wedding and honeymonon are not worth going into debt for. If you have to have a small wedding and honeymoon at home.

Weddings and honeymoons don't make the marriage. Hard word and commitment make a good marriage.

FINANCES is the number one reason for divorce. DEBT sucks dont do it.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:44 PM

930 posts, read 1,654,760 times
Though the original post is old I do have to say that the honeymoon is for the man and woman! It's the celebration of the start of a life together! Not just for the woman's choice.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:53 PM

258 posts, read 540,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyt00 View Post
Though the original post is old I do have to say that the honeymoon is for the man and woman! It's the celebration of the start of a life together! Not just for the woman's choice.
Only a woman would say that! Any real man isn't that big into a honeymoon, other than the sex!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs