U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 01:55 PM

227 posts, read 987,367 times

Advertisements

Thanks to Memorial Health System changing the dental insurance offered to their employees effective January 1st, 2009, I will need to find a new dentist. My current dentist (WHO I LOVE!!) does not take the new level of Delta insurance being offered by my workplace. And I don't want to have to pay out of pocket to cover the 4 of us for dental.

So please post any recommendations for good family dentists. I am looking for someone in the north-to-central part of town (we're in 80918) and someone who could take care of both adults and kids is ideal. I am open to finding a pediatric dentist for just my kids and another one for me and my husband if need be. I'll cross check your recommendations against the Delta list of dentists and see if any of them are on there. I would like to read personal recommendations, not just "check out this website" link.

From just a rough poll in my department of 20 people, 12 of us need to find new dentists. None of our dentists accept the mid-grade Delta insurance unfortunately. However, I am not currently locked into an orthodontist like some of my co-workers. They are **really** mad about possibly having to switch orthos who may extend the treatment or completely undo what the other ortho did in the first place.

Thanks in advance, and hope this post helps others looking for dentists in COS.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 02:07 PM

121 posts, read 424,092 times
My wife and I both really like our dentist: Dr. Fogarty (719-593-1177). Office off Austin Bluffs between Union & Academy.

Old 11-10-2008, 06:43 PM

26,343 posts, read 88,388,995 times
Dr. Evans, Rangewood north of Woodmen. Modern facility; they take their time working on you; never had to wait.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:12 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,703,297 times
We absolutely love the Hill brothers, Dr. Jonanthon Hill and Dr. Doxiades Hill. These two (the entire office) is truly dedicated to customer service. I have recieved baby shower gifts (not cheap either) from them upon delivery of my children. Everyone I had referred has really fallen in love with the staff. The brothers who own and run their practice work hard on ensuring that their staff is happy by treating them off and on with spa treatments (I even got a couple gift certificates to Veda for a couple of things I had done), limo rides to dinner, etc.
Again, these two are dedicated to customer service through and through. They are located in Fountain off of Mesa Ridge Parkway and Fountain Mesa.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:14 PM

23,636 posts, read 43,692,601 times
Pediatric Dentist

Old 11-11-2008, 09:03 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,703,297 times
I just realized you wanted something up north. Sorry. I leave the post there though in case any one else is looking and doesn't mind doing a southern end dentist. (Although I must add that there are several who drive down from up north and out east because they won't leave these two! Guess we are funny like that, you find something you like and you don't want to leave it.)

Old 12-15-2008, 08:35 PM

110 posts, read 275,513 times
Unhappy Anyone know a good dentist?

My wisdom tooth is asking (no, demanding) to get pulled, but I keep trying to ignore it. Does anyone have a gentle/non-scary dentist/oral surgeon they recommend here in the Springs? I have a mild to medium phobia of even setting foot in a dentist office, hence the reason I've been putting it off. I'm hoping to get knocked out; the last wisdom tooth that was pulled they used just novacaine and I just about freaked out and fled mid-operation. Pretty much the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I'm not really looking for a repeat of that performance.....
Thanks so much in advance for your recommendations!

Old 12-15-2008, 09:30 PM

23,636 posts, read 43,692,601 times
Yes. Dr. Julia Arnold and her staff of super good folks. Up here on the far north end of town, right at exit 153 off I-25.

Interquest Dental Group

Old 12-16-2008, 12:34 PM

16,094 posts, read 24,700,713 times
I had all four of mine taken out at the same time and they knocked me out totally. When I came to I asked if they'd started yet and they said they were done and I could go home and I was high as a kite for about the next 5 hours. They told me I talked through the whole time and cracked jokes the whole way. I think it took them like 20 minutes. They said I was hysterical and I don't remember them even touching me. What ever drug they used, I'd like a three month supply of it.

But when you get home, get a nice couch or a bed handy and some kind of pain killer (take the pills about 30 minutes before you start to feel the pain and you'll be fine) that works good for you and have the salt water needle squeegy thingy handy and use it frequently and keep that hole clean until that hole seals back up and you'll have no problem.

That surgery is so easy when you let them knock you out, I almost wish I had more Wisdom teeth so I could do it again.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:47 AM

118 posts, read 421,095 times
Take an Aleve with Naproxen it does wonders then call Dr Facy there office and staff is AWESOME!!! My daughter had a surgery there and she didnt even have any pain afterward
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs