Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2008, 07:30 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,518,634 times

Advertisements

Are there views of Colorado Springs from the Expressway and Manitou? Does Colo Springs look good from that area - day ? night?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 02:07 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,451,005 times
Sorry I am sure this is a dumb question, but what do you mean by expressway? Do you mean interstate 25?

Old 12-28-2008, 08:04 AM

2,601 posts, read 8,518,634 times
Well its the main highway from Colorado Springs going up to Manitou- on the map its called Midland Expressway.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:19 AM

1,938 posts, read 7,122,506 times
I am guessing Hwy 24 then. Well considering Manitou is built into the mountain, you can see it because your yard is the mountain (grin, snicker). Manitou views are mostly city or your neighbors house. Don't buy any home along HWY 24. Manitou is a small community and several like it. But, it is built along side the mountain so the streets wind and are steep, many homes have no yard, just rock or cliff.

Ocean, this probably reads funky because I read your post wrong. I thought you asked if Manitou had mountain views rather than city views. I think I still answered your question though. Oops.

Last edited by froggin4colorado; 12-28-2008 at 08:23 AM.. Reason: read post wrong

Old 12-28-2008, 10:02 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,451,005 times
Also, highway 24 is far from a expressway, Highway 50 is a bigger road then it is. Froggin do you know why its called Midland Expressway? I have never heard highway 24 called that before.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:38 AM

26,204 posts, read 49,007,205 times
If someone wants views of COLO SPGS from Manitou, they need MONEY to live high on the hills around Manitou. I don't recall ever seeing much of anything while down IN the town of Manitou, which is extremely compact and tight, as described.

If views are highly desirable, a visit is in order, as there are several ways to view things. Here are the basics of our landscape:
- City of COLO SPGS sits at the bottom of a valley; Front Range mountains on the west side of the valley that rise abruptly, and on the east of the valley is a gradual uphill slope that runs for several miles.
- At the very bottom of that valley are I-25, the railroad, Fountain Creek and a lot of commercial stuff.
- Living along the Front Range, west side, at a bit of an elevation gives a view of the suburban sprawl to the east. Look up on Centennial Blvd for a place that faces east. I'm sure other folks can recommend good vantage points that look to the east, though they can get pricey.
- Living in some of the eastern suburbs, you can look west at the mountains. IMO this is the best view to have. There are even parts of close-in downtown that have outstanding views of the mountains, such as along Pikes Peak Rd near and east of Memorial Park, etc, and other areas that have just enough of an elevation to see over the city and off to the west.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 12-28-2008 at 10:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs