Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 01:37 AM

565 posts, read 1,847,359 times

Advertisements

The Sunbird is one of those places that had its heyday but has lost its luster since. Still worth a onetime visit if you have money to blow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 01:00 AM

1,570 posts, read 5,985,295 times
20 years ago it was a swank place. Since then it's gone up & down. The views haven't changed - wonderful views! It's been 3 years or so since I've been there to dine. It's "ok", I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:39 PM

3 posts, read 6,548 times
Smile Sunbird Lives Up

Just had dinner at the Sunbird. They had live entertainment tonight in the Lounge, so we stuck around for that and a couple of Cocktails.
Food was Great. If you want a Great steak, go to a real Steakhouse. This is a Real Steakhouse. Service was friendly and formal, but not stuffy. They kinda made us feel like big shots... lol
Live Jazz was great and the cocktails were priced right.
I give it Two big thumbs up.
Great Place for a Date or Couple's night. They told us about brunch and said that they had just won an award for best brunch, so we may give that a try Sunday. I like that the staff took pride in their awards. Says alot.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:40 AM

64 posts, read 303,057 times
I honestly didn't think the views were that exciting. You're not exactly overlooking an exciting part of Colorado. Granted, it's better than looking into a parking lot. Food was very mediocre.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:56 AM

14 posts, read 87,102 times
Ate the Easter buffet and it was OK -- honestly, the food was not much better than Golden Corral, IMO. And $40 a person!

But we did eat there toward the end of the buffet time, about 1 p.m., so maybe the food is better at the beginning of the day. And the view is amazing. Really nice atmosphere and service.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:36 PM

32 posts, read 89,393 times
I think their logo/sign on the side of the bluff is an indicator of the level of detail that is paid to the Sunbird dining experience. As of May '11 their sign is about to fall over the cliff, not to mention the vintage 70's/80's font... Find a local sign shop and fix that bad boy!

Old 05-10-2011, 12:58 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,568,915 times
It's off Point of the Pines in Pinecliffe, GoG exit 146. I loved their Mother's Day Brunch and Easter Brunch, but their everyday food was mediocre at best.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:09 AM

224 posts, read 732,469 times
I just ate there Saturday night for first time. It was okay. I was disappointed with not a window seat, considering I made reservations well in advance. We were close to the windows so it was fine, we still had a view of the peak and I-25. Our waitress was nice. The meal was okay. Nothing that spectacular. The decor could be modernized too. There were a lot of prom dates. Bread basket, we ordered the spinach dip appetizer. It was just okay, came with just tortilla chips. We ordered the filet mignon (oscar style), the steaks were cooked perfect. The steamed vegetables and mashed potatoes were blah! It's pricey. I'm not sure I'll go back unless they add some other exciting dishes to the menu. It was good to try once. I may try the brunch one day. I was hoping for something similar to 94th Aerosquadron in San Diego. It wasn't.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:18 PM

1,778 posts, read 2,883,210 times
There is also Simms Landing (now Simms Steakhouse) off of 6th Ave and Simms/Union in Lakewood. It has a panoramic view of the entire Denver area. Was there a few years ago for my mother's 80th birthday and it was pretty good. Tel 303.237.0465.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs