Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2009, 08:33 AM

33 posts, read 86,697 times

Advertisements

We are going to Co Spgs next week. I booked our hotel stay at LaQuinta Inn Colorado Springs Garden of the Gods b/c their rate was $29 per night. I figured it was a misprint but that they would honor the amount. I also checked out the pictures and it looks fine. I saw today that it is being advertised at $45/night. I then began to wonder if it is so cheap b/c it is in a bad neighborhood. Can anyone local tell me if the area is ok to stay in...especially with children. The address is 4385 Sinton Rd., Colorado Springs, CO 80907-4235.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 09:39 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,459,644 times
That is not a bad part of town, you should be fine. Its just not close to anything so you will have to drive everywhere.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:45 AM

1,938 posts, read 7,125,710 times
About 13 years ago, right after I graduated from HS, I worked at that THEN brand new hotel as a houskeeper, cleaning rooms. It isn't in a bad part of town. HOWEVER, an old friend stayed there about 4 years ago and checked out after the first night and went across the street to another motel. She didn't give me details, but I am assuming her room wasn't pleasant.
I don't really have a great recommendation but many MANY COS tourists stay in Manitou while here and so many enjoy it. Just a thought.
Bottom line, no it isn't in a bad part of town. You have a Carls Jr. in the parking lot with you in addition to a gas station. Across the street is another gas station and a McDs. Antonio's italian resturant is also right there. On the other side of the interstate is a Village Inn, Arbys, Black Eyed Pea, Applebees, and another gas station. Up the street from there is a Wendys, Subway, Pita Pocket, Quiznos, Sonic, Chipolte, Albertsons grocery store...so just about anything you would want. You are also just down the hill from the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, or what we call UCCS. There is a comcor just up the road too- a half way house for cons getting ready for release. Not many know about it and nothing has ever happened with it being there.
But, if I was visiting, I would probably do somewhere in historic Manitou.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:37 AM

454 posts, read 1,224,959 times
Yeah but if you have actually looked at some of the stuff in Manitou you will see most of it is over priced. And last summer we looked at 8 places there for my mom and they were all musty and wore out on the inside. Plus they wanted around 100 dollars a nite. So I would stay were you are at since it is a good location just will have to drive a little.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:57 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
This location is smack dab at exit 146 of I-25. Could be some highway noise there, hopefully your room will not face I-25. Convenient location. Should be safe. There are 5-10 eateries in walking distance, hundreds within a few miles.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:13 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,893,349 times
That area is fine. We stayed 5 days at the Quality Inn and Suites right next door when we were exploring Colorado Springs last year. We did get bothered by some drunk/homeless guy for some "spare change" at 2am but other than that, it was all good

Old 02-04-2009, 08:16 PM

33 posts, read 86,697 times
Thanks to all for the comments. Much appreciated. For $29/nite, I can put up with some highway noise and trust me, my days of being out at 2am are long gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs