Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 12:03 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,916,263 times

Advertisements

I love La Casita. I go to the one on Woodmen a lot. Once, though, they ran out of sour cream! Oh my, no sour cream? Yikes!

I even like their green chile even though it's completely different than my version - but hey, it's not about whether there's, mine or anyone else's is "authentic" it's about it being good.

They have three locations total: http://www.lacasitapatiocafe.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2007, 04:44 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,125,173 times
Default Arceo's

So the family and I tried Arceo's last night...we liked it. They had cheese crisps! I hadn't ordered one of those since I lived in AZ!
I had the chicken enchilada and a chicken taco- yum! DH had the chimi, 2 kids had chkn nuggets and fries () and then my oldest daughter had a chkn enchilada kids meal. The rice is a bit drier than I like it, reminds me of On the Border rice.
It was a Friday night and they were packed pretty full, which is a good thing. The location is not ideal, but good food!
1605 S. Nevada (old Pizza Hut building).

Old 12-30-2007, 02:40 PM

227 posts, read 1,044,249 times
I like Senor Manuels near UCCS. Near the corner of Austin Bluffs and Nevada. Their carnitas is very good as is their regular Chile Colorado burrito.

For something faster, we like the place affectionately known as the '24 hr' mexican place. They are open 24 hrs. The official name of the place is called Viva El Taco, near Pikes Perk Coffee, on N. Academy between Vickers and Lehman. They have a drive thru and they don't speak much English but their carnitas burrito is out of this world. I could eat it twice a week! I also like their cheese enchiladas and their breakfast burritos.

I also miss the hole-in-the-wall mexican food places from Southern CA, as that is where I was born and raised. Moved here in 2002.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:40 AM

60 posts, read 315,519 times
Default Any good Mexican Restaurants?

I have heard that Pueblo Veijo is pretty good, any comments?

Last edited by Joebondoe; 01-11-2008 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 01-11-2008, 12:44 PM

553 posts, read 1,635,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebondoe View Post
I have heard that Pueblo Veijo is pretty good, any comments?
It is pretty good. Decent food. Good margaritas. I still like the Mission Inn (which is only about a half mile North on Academy) better. When I want a change of scenery, though, Pueblo Viejo does just fine.

Old 01-12-2008, 04:50 PM

60 posts, read 315,519 times
Thumbs up Any good Mexican Restaurants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
It is pretty good. Decent food. Good margaritas. I still like the Mission Inn (which is only about a half mile North on Academy) better. When I want a change of scenery, though, Pueblo Viejo does just fine.
Went to Pueblo Viejo today and I’m not impressed. My wife and I had the same thing and it was a lot like Taco Bell food (Beer was good). The service was slow and the place was loud. I would give the place an ambiance rating of 3. I’m from So Cal as well and I appreciate everyone’s input so far.

We need to try Las Casita’s a try as it looks to be a good place to try sometime.

Does anyone know of Don Jose’s on the corner of Bolsa and Goldenwest in Huntington Beach? The best chimichangas <sp> on the planet?

P.S. We love COS and we love our community! As far as I’m concerned CA sucks!

Old 01-16-2008, 08:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,457 times
There are 2 great Mexican restaurants in town. One of them is Salsa Brava and the other is Amanda's Fonda. I believe each restaurant has a couple of locations. They are definitely worth trying. I am starting to feel hungry just thinking about it...

Last edited by adaniels55; 01-16-2008 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 01-17-2008, 02:53 PM

8 posts, read 34,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieinOk View Post
Well, the interview went well this weekend and we are waiting for the final decision before we know if we are COS bound or not, but one thing that may make or break our decision is whether or not there are any good Mexican food resturaunts in or around COS. You may think I am kidding and I wish I were but we eat fajitas at least once a week and I am not sure if we could survive without! Please tell me there are several good resturants to choose from!!!!
Aggie
Monica's on Fillmore and Nevada
Dos Hombres at Academy and Jetwing in the Mission Trace shopping center

Old 01-17-2008, 06:45 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,916,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaniels55 View Post
There are 2 great Mexican restaurants in town. One of them is Salsa Brava...
I went to Salsa Brava in Rockrimmon and had horrrrrrible service. I haven't been back since. It was so bad that I don't even remember the food. Odd, that, as I love food but apparently bad service leaves me with no taste in my mouth.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:31 PM

3 posts, read 9,819 times
Drive through express in the Springs: for yummy shredded beef tacos, there's always Taco Star on Circle or the new one near Wasatch where you can sit down inside. The farther west you get the better the Mexican food is. Sure do miss my San Diego fare though. Once you get spoiled there's no going back. Puerto Nuevo's Lobster village in near Ensenada, Mexico and Calafia are the best places on earth to eat. Ouch I miss being away from home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs