Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 08:10 AM

77 posts, read 352,295 times

Advertisements

I hate to start a thread on Dog Breeds because someone will always have something negative to say about the breed of dog I have. My family is PCSing to Fort Carson soon so I need to know. My dog is like another child to me. He is like a brother to my 2 children. My 18 month old daughter is so close to him that she cried for her "awge" when the man at the doggie spa came to get him to wash him. I have a Pitbull. I can hear the screams and negative comments already. But he is the best and we all love him. He is so friendly and never has been aggressive. That is how we have raised him. I have heard that they are banned in Colorado. Can someone please let me know the truth. If they are banned I dont know what Im gonna do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 08:35 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
There have been several threads on this. And yes, there has been a lot of negative feedback. Besides municipal rules there are insurance rules. For example, who pays (not that money is more important than the permanent physical and psychological damage) if that dog rips apart some neighbor kid when that kids innocently comes to visit your kid?

//www.city-data.com/forum/color...o-springs.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/denve...-bull-ban.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/denve...dly-towns.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/bould...nver-live.html

Old 12-14-2008, 08:48 AM

Ok even after reading all the negative BS about pitbulls in the previous threads it still dont tell me if there is a legal ban on pitbulls. I’m not even going to comment on all the negativity because it won’t change people’s opinions about the breed. I just know that we have had 2 pitbulls over the past several years and neither of them caused any harm. I have tried to dog sit several small breeds that bit me every day and were aggressive toward my children. So to each their own right?

Old 12-14-2008, 09:42 AM

5,167 posts, read 11,434,314 times
Hi!
If you would like to discuss breed restrictions, I suggest you do this in the Dog forum

//www.city-data.com/forum/dogs/

The local animal control office or police department should be able to give you a definitive answer if there is a legal ban.

forum rules, please read them

Old 12-14-2008, 10:15 AM

2,140 posts, read 6,466,691 times
There is no ban in the Springs. And I have a lovely lovebug, myself.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:25 PM

1 posts, read 9,146 times
Pits are great dogs. I had some as rescues from LA. Good luck with the transition!

Old 12-14-2008, 10:26 PM

110 posts, read 294,116 times
If you own your own home, you are good to go. If you rent a home, I would check with your landlord. If you rent an apartment, you are pretty much out of luck. Most apartments are very very picky about what breeds they allow. Even big breeds like German Shepherds, Irish wolfhounds, Scottish deerhounds, and Great Danes aren't allowed. Even though Danes are about the laziest dog I know. Good luck and happy hunting!

Old 12-15-2008, 04:00 PM

121 posts, read 452,311 times
I believe the Pit ban you probably heard about is in Aurora, a suburb of Denver.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:26 PM

214 posts, read 1,310,062 times
It's not state wide- Denver does have a ban on Pits. Other cities may also but currently C/S is not one of them. We have three- of varying mix types that would qualify and would not move to any city with BSL for any reason. Good luck with the search, we visit family in the Springs yearly and still get long stares....lol

Old 12-16-2008, 05:29 AM

Thanks everyone for letting me know. That eases one fear of PCSing. I would have liked to go to Germany but my dog is not allowed there so that was out of the question. We all love him to much. It’s wonderful to know that there are still some people out in the world who look past all the hoopla and understand that a pit is the most loyal and loving dog IF treated and raised right. Thanks again! Oh and sorry for starting a thread in the wrong forum....I didn't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs