Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 11:58 AM

641 posts, read 2,276,559 times

Advertisements

I like that the town is big enough to have all the creature comforts of a big city, but still small enough that you can get anywhere in about 30mins.

And everyone who's been here a little while pretty much knows where everything is. You can refer to a location in conversation and all the folks you're talking to pretty much know exactly where you're talking about.

I've lived in a metro area so big that lifelong residents had never ventured outside their side of town and had no idea about other areas within the same metro area. Like folks who lived and worked in DC/MD but never ever went to VA for anything and folks in VA who never ventured into MD; the whole area is virtually connected!!

I also like running into folks I know, just out and about in town. I run into friends/coworker in stores and restaurants all over town and I like it. Makes me feel connected to the place....like it's really my hometown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 01:32 PM

170 posts, read 761,804 times
Great topic! Thanks for posting! Here are my answers:

What are you thankful for?
My health, wonderful friends and family, that I live in Colorado, the weather, the views, yummy food,...(I could go on and on)

What is the best thing that's happened to you in the past 6 months?
That I was introduced to The Secret and the Law of Attraction.

What do you like about Colorado Springs the most?
The people are so friendly!

What is your favorite thing to do in Colorado Springs?
Walk/hike at Garden of the Gods.

What is a goal you have that you'd like to accomplish by the end of the year?
Continue to get fit!

Old 02-25-2009, 01:49 AM

53 posts, read 204,934 times
I am grateful for our health! For my children and grandchildren and their health! Also that we are able to move to colorado this summer. I would like to be more fit and to buy a Home by the end of this year.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:33 AM

32 posts, read 96,546 times
I lived in CoS during 97-01. My wife & I will be returning to the Springs and some great friends we haven't seen in 4-8 years. We get to bring our 3 year old son and we have another baby on the way. I've been blessed...lived in Italy & Alaska since I left, but it will be good to get back to the Springs. I can't wait to take my kid(s) to Garden of the Gods and bike all year round in nice weather. Biking to work in AK when it's 10 - 20 below was no fun haha!

Hope to be posting here a bit more!

Old 02-25-2009, 09:43 AM

170 posts, read 761,804 times
“Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls”

“It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.”

Both quotes by: Joseph Campbell quotes (American prolific Author, Editor, Philosopher and Teacher, 1904-1987)

__________________________________________________ ___________

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau

Old 02-26-2009, 09:03 AM

454 posts, read 1,224,862 times
I lived in Anchoarge from 88'-92'. So I know what you mean about biking in the winter. We use to ride down Arctic Valley in the winter on our mtn. bikes with snow tires. Crazy times I can tell you. My sister still lives there now but I haven't been back in a long time. Have a safe trip back and good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtotheatothevtothee View Post
I lived in CoS during 97-01. My wife & I will be returning to the Springs and some great friends we haven't seen in 4-8 years. We get to bring our 3 year old son and we have another baby on the way. I've been blessed...lived in Italy & Alaska since I left, but it will be good to get back to the Springs. I can't wait to take my kid(s) to Garden of the Gods and bike all year round in nice weather. Biking to work in AK when it's 10 - 20 below was no fun haha!

Hope to be posting here a bit more!

Old 03-04-2009, 02:28 PM

598 posts, read 1,546,675 times
Ok...need to bring All Things Positive back to the top!

Last night was simply awesome in the neighborhood. Got home, put the grill out in the driveway and went to town. Grilled burgers, made a bunch of french fries, and some sides...Next thing you know, neighbors and kids out everywhere. 2 hours later, we were still all out chatting and having a great time. Felt like a nice summer evening...good food was had by all. Gotta love a nice evening grilling out with neighbors and kids playing out in the yards/street.

Cheers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs