Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 11:39 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times

Advertisements

It may depend on the subdivision as well as any city ordinances. Most subdivisions have covenants that would address what can or can't be kept on a property, including horses, goats, chickens, llamas, etc.

http://www.co.teller.co.us/CDSD/Planning/LandUseRegs/LUR%20Handouts/Zoning/A-1

I have no idea if this would help at all, but it is the Zoning definitions (I think) for Woodland Park. I'd suggest you call the Zoning Department and ask about what sorts of properties allow livestock. 1-719-687-5202.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 11:47 AM

55 posts, read 168,423 times
Do any of you Woodland Park residents ski or snowboard? Where do you go? How long is the drive from Woodland Park to Monarch mountain in the winter?

Old 10-26-2010, 01:38 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,893,349 times
The wife and I go skiing every weekend!

We get the Summit Pass, which gives us unlimited skiing to Breckenridge, Keystone, and Arapahoe Basin. You can get them for $400 earlly on.

It's a little over 1.5hr to Breckenridge and add another 10-15 minutes to get to Keystone. If you leave later (8a), it can take another 15-20 mins due to more traffic. I always leave around 6:30a and get there before the lifts open at 8:30am. Plus you get much better parking options. The State Police patrol highway 24 a lot, so be careful when speeding. Always get behind some guy that is in a big hurry. Plus, a good radar detector makes it fun to find them a mile or so ahead

The passes are the best, since you can change your mountain every week. You can spend a little more and get unlimited at Vail as well, which is great if you will go there 4+ times in the year.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backpacker71 View Post
Great thread! Is it possible with a large enough property to keep a couple goats in Woodland Park. I can't find any info on this.
There are several houses that are in city limits that have farm animals. But I believe these were grandfathered in when the city expanded years ago. However, there are a number of houses north of town (Front Range Road comes to mind) that are not in Woodland Park city and they have animals.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:02 PM

55 posts, read 168,423 times
Thank you for the good info there on the snow and the goats. I will be there this Spring Break visiting family in Buena Vista and we're gonna check out Woodland Park also. Wish I was ready to move now.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,477 times
The traffic can be really bad on the weekend but leaving before 8:00am is a must. That way you'll have plenty of time up on the hill and won't waste your time in traffic.
Just to let you know, there are quite a few places to park for free if you are traveling to Vail.
Here's a list: Insider Vail - Parking at Vail Resort | Vail.com (http://snow.to/Ki9j8 - broken link)

Old 10-28-2010, 04:32 PM

There is hardly any traffic on Highway 24 to 9, which is the best route from Colorado Springs/Woodland Park. I70 is parking lot with all of the Denver traffic if you get there too late.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:01 PM

4 posts, read 18,366 times
Default Jobs in Woodland Park (Nursing)

What is the need for nurses up there. I know the Springs is just down the road, but I don't like driving that much. My kids are young and I think WP is the place to go. I know Pikes Peak Regional Hospital just opened up. What other nursing possibilities are available up there? and what is the typical RN hourly?

Old 11-23-2010, 09:23 AM

My wife worked at PPR for a little over a year. I believe she was making around $23/hr in the ER, with no experience prior. She now is a stay at home mom, will go part time at a hospital in the Springs most likely in a year.

Not many other RN jobs up there. There is a REhab and Welness center in Cripple Creek that hires RN's, but you my as well go to the Springs if you live in WP.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:18 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
There is Pikes Peak Hospice, Peak Vista Community Health Center, Divide Health Center, Teller County Public Health in Divide, many private Dr.'s offices, and possibly still Langstaff-Brown. There seem to be quite a few nursing positions in Teller County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs