Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 07:07 PM

71 posts, read 325,307 times

Advertisements

klover26

Looks like we are headed in opposite directions...lol I've lived here in Surprise for 8 years...just need a change...too hot here.

I appreciate your insight into the younger crowd in WP...it's definitely my biggest area of concern. Both our kids are on the honor role and National Jr Honor Society, but of course teens WILL be bombarded with everything eventually.

But good insight! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 12:41 AM

24 posts, read 72,279 times
Hey funbunch.
I am a Woodland Park Realtor. Feel free to contact me if you need help.
Sabrina Kelley

Old 03-22-2009, 11:06 AM

214 posts, read 1,306,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klover26 View Post
FunBunch7,
I currently live in Surprise and moved from Woodland Park last year. I grew up in WP and went to WP schools for all of my education. I graduated from WPHS in 2004 and I would have to say that my eduation from WP was good, I feel that I was well equipped for college and the work place, educationally.

As far as the social aspect goes, yes there is a football team at the high school (we were in the state championship my freshman year) and going to football games on Friday nights was a lot of fun, something I actually miss. One of my main problems with WP is that there is nothing to do for kids, hang out at friends houses, but that's it. There is no rec center, the only swimming pool in the city is at a hotel.

I do believe that the teen pregnancy rate it still high, I have heard of several teens being pregnant since I left. I can't image that the drug usage has gone down or the teen drinking rates. It goes back to kids have little to do and having parents that commute to work and aren't home until late. Your kids would just have to make sure they become friends with the right kinds of kids, just like at any other school.

Hope that helps,
Kristal
Class of '81. Sounds like not a lot has changed, other than the loss of the Bowling Alley I hear. I think things worked out ok for me as well but I'd have to echo much of what Kristal has said. This isn't a 'bad thing' it's just different than what some coming from larger more more sprawling city expect to be available for their kids.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:55 PM

64 posts, read 287,376 times
Well, we finally made it to Woodland Park. I gotta say, coming from the north east part of the states, I don't think I'll ever get tired of the views here. I'd been to the rockies before years ago but must have forgotten how great they really are! Woodland Park, from the little bit I've seen so far, is exactly what I pictured a well-kept mountain town to look like. It seems like the people here really love their home town. I'm going to LOVE it here.....I'm pretty sure anyway. Maybe there are some trolls in the woods though.....

Old 03-25-2009, 03:00 PM

64 posts, read 302,297 times
Watch out for the bears!

Old 03-25-2009, 03:18 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,814,193 times
Great timing! Best snow storm of the year is upon us now! Come on 2 feet of snow!!

Old 04-09-2009, 07:05 PM

I am headed out to Woodland Park on the 16th. I am FOR SURE going to live there! My wife and I and our kids are already making all our plans. I'll be coming out to look at some homes to rent and attend a church service at Woodland Park Christian Church...I'll do some sight seeing, etc.

I'm totally hyped!!!!

Old 04-09-2009, 07:53 PM

64 posts, read 287,376 times
I can honestly say that I never want to move away from here....it's such a beautiful, cozy mountain town! You're going to love it and good luck home-hunting!

Old 04-10-2009, 12:53 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,814,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainPharmD View Post
I moved after the winter 2 years ago. Everyone told me that it was the worst winter in 20 years and I should stay. There were other reason we moved. We were rookies with a crappy real estate agent who let us get into a house in a bad location. If we would have lived in a better neighborhood we never would have left.

After being in Texas for a year and a half I regret leaving Woodland Park. My wife and I were actually considering moving back. In 2004 there were 30 to 40 houses for sale in the Divide/WP area for 200k to 260k that were really nice. I just did a search and comparable properties are now in the 300k to 350k range. I guess with the new hospital, hotel and convention center, Wal-mart and a potential Lowes the housing prices are going up.
Do you mind sharing which neighborhood you didn't like?

Old 04-10-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEricHarris View Post
Do you mind sharing which neighborhood you didn't like?
Actually, I aleady sent him a PM on that question a while ago. It was due to road access I believe.

I didn't think that in such a small town there could really be any "bad" neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs