Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 02:33 PM

26,115 posts, read 48,712,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by esomething View Post
I am also thinking of relocating my family to Colorado Springs...my husband is a teacher...would it be easy for him to get a job? Also, my family are natives of AZ (I have lived in IN for a winter)...so we are a little concerned about the winters...what are they like. The winter I lived in IN I think the most snow we had was 12 in. What is the city like?
Lots of good school districts here. Hiring is not that easy, IIRC, there are cutoff dates for applying for jobs, etc. Do look in the index of key threads, in both this COLO SPGS forum and the Denver and statewide forums, for threads on teaching in COLO, as these older threads have the details you seek. In the COLO SPGS forum, there is a thread that lists the websites for the local school districts, each of which has an employment page.

Winters here are a breeze, get a few inches one day, it's usually gone the next. Every few years we'll get a big dose of snow or a blizzard. We are on the far western edge of the Great Plains, not in the mountains like Aspen or Vail, aka the "high country" where it dumps snow all winter long. Do not worry about the weather here, a bit windy at times, dry air, climate varies much with the altitude of the town or suburb, nothing like the heat of Phoenix.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 11:36 PM

4 posts, read 7,177 times
Smile Thinking to move to Colorado

Hi everyone! I am from New York thinking to move to Colorado; kind of tired of busy life... I was hoping for some advise which city to move. It should have a good public schools, young families-oriented communities, and not concervative, I mean immigrants friendly. Also, affordable rentals and some jobs available. Please write some advise. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by funnypug; 07-03-2009 at 11:48 PM..

Old 07-03-2009, 11:42 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,097,126 times
Great public school, somewhat conservative which equals a lower crime rate, we have immigrants from all over, affordable rentals= 1100-2000 a month for a home, jobs here are like elsewhere...read the other threads for other advice.
Good luck.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:47 PM

4 posts, read 7,177 times
Thanks froggin, but which city are you talking about?

Old 07-05-2009, 06:24 PM

138 posts, read 303,353 times
I feel you on the culture shock thing in the south,I was born in colo.an I wish I never left I don't know how it is now considering everyone is flocking to colorado. Colorado woman (true) born colo.woman stand by there partner an are good hearted woman an are solid as rocks, to friendly at times that is just how we are freehearted, love nature outdoors always adventures any colorado woman correct me if I am wrong. Very ladylike an watchful like a hawk don't think we can't handle ourself (smile) we know when it is time to bring the lady out of the closet not jealous like woman in the south an vindictive (smile) we try to enjoy life an not worry about what other people have not judgemental as the south.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:03 PM

21 posts, read 71,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginhild View Post
Big recommendation: find yourself a job first before commiting to any move!
I'm considering moving to CO Springs as well (possibly next year), but one thing I want to know is... how many places in CO Springs are going to be willing to hire someone who doesn't even live there yet?

Old 07-06-2009, 04:19 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,934,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova8610 View Post
I'm considering moving to CO Springs as well (possibly next year), but one thing I want to know is... how many places in CO Springs are going to be willing to hire someone who doesn't even live there yet?
Depends on what kind of work you are trying to get. For example, if you are trying to get on with one of the defense contractors and they have a need and you have the skills (and security clearance), they'll do it.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Depends on what kind of work you are trying to get. For example, if you are trying to get on with one of the defense contractors and they have a need and you have the skills (and security clearance), they'll do it.
I'm going to be getting my BA in Communication Studies in December, so I was thinking of getting a job in either marketing, advertising, public relations/human resources, sales, retail, customer service, or maybe food service (like waitressing).

Old 07-06-2009, 05:45 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,097,126 times
Is that your goal with a BA? To waitress or retail?

Old 07-06-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
Is that your goal with a BA? To waitress or retail?
Not necessarily. Marketing, advertising, public relations/human resources, sales, retail, customer service, or maybe food service are just the general areas I was considering going into. There's tons of stuff I can do with a degree in Communications. How's the market for positions in those fields?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs