Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2009, 09:03 AM

32 posts, read 96,500 times

Advertisements

Just arrived on Tuesday from Anchorage and have begun househunting (looked at about 12 yesterday)

I need a break! Anywhere in town where I can catch live coverage of the Tour de France?

Thanks...and that 90+ degrees yesterday was killer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 09:23 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtotheatothevtothee View Post
Just arrived on Tuesday from Anchorage and have begun househunting (looked at about 12 yesterday)

I need a break! Anywhere in town where I can catch live coverage of the Tour de France?

Thanks...and that 90+ degrees yesterday was killer!
Call a few bars and see if they have whatever channel is carrying that, bound to be one or two around....Old Chicago, Champps, etc.

My fave is the All American Sports Cafe, up on Voyager Pkwy, midway btw North Gate Rd and Interquest Pkwy. They have 6 TV's in the bar, will put on any channel you want, and all their food is made on-site. Best CheeseSteak I've ever had, huge too.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:57 AM

1,938 posts, read 7,122,984 times
Lol on your comment about the heat. Imagine if you moved to PHX!!
Best cheesesteak huh Mike? Have you had Taste of Philly's cheesesteak? Just curious if you had and if you still think Sports is the best because I would love to test your claim! As of right now, I love Taste of Philly's cheesesteak....

Old 07-09-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
Lol on your comment about the heat. Imagine if you moved to PHX!!
Best cheesesteak huh Mike? Have you had Taste of Philly's cheesesteak? Just curious if you had and if you still think Sports is the best because I would love to test your claim! As of right now, I love Taste of Philly's cheesesteak....
Ooh, ooh, where are they located?

Old 07-09-2009, 11:50 AM

Taste of Philly - Colorado's Best Cheesesteaks - Home

Be forewarned though, I have only been in the South Nevada establishment and it looks like a dive, a do not enter type of building. However, every lunch period is stacked with soldiers, phone is ringing off the hook, and happy faces. I have never been to the one closer to you... I always have the Works with an extra layer of cheese ontop of the sandwhich. The basket of fries is large enough for 3 adults to share, or a family. The potato salad is also a fav of mine. I have never had the onion rings due to the price, but would love to try them. Soda's are the huge gulp sized soda.
Pls let me know what you think!

Old 07-09-2009, 03:55 PM

553 posts, read 1,635,443 times
Quote:

Be forewarned though, I have only been in the South Nevada establishment and it looks like a dive, a do not enter type of building. However, every lunch period is stacked with soldiers, phone is ringing off the hook, and happy faces. I have never been to the one closer to you... I always have the Works with an extra layer of cheese ontop of the sandwhich. The basket of fries is large enough for 3 adults to share, or a family. The potato salad is also a fav of mine. I have never had the onion rings due to the price, but would love to try them. Soda's are the huge gulp sized soda.
I've been to the Taste of Philly at Academy and Carefree. It's very good. My problem is that I don't associate a Cheesesteak with a restaurant. Back in NJ, the best Cheesesteaks always, always, always came in a bar.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:44 PM

I haven't been to a bar for YEARS. Probably cuz I usually have kids in tote, lol. Thanks for the thumbs up on Taste of Philly!

Old 07-09-2009, 08:57 PM

32 posts, read 96,500 times
I'm from Philly, so my cheesesteak bar is set pretty high...

also...never go to Italy...after 4 years there pizza in the US is just wrong!

(just noticed I should change my location!)

Old 07-10-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:

Excellent cheese steak, split two ways with a small order of fries. More than enough. I think the Sports Cafe is every bit as good or even better, especially the fries which are indeed better. I hope some of you try it.

The N. Nevada location is at Carefree Cirlce N., behind Wade's Cafe (a local institution known for its omelettes) and the now closed Bennigan's. It's in an old strip mall, a bit rundown looking but a good crowd.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:05 PM

Thanks for your input Mike...will try and get in and try it before we move to VA in a couple weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs